Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   multipart, turned underset deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=496274)

Irish Mafia 09-08-2007 12:43 PM

Re: multipart, turned underset deep

[ QUOTE ]
$165, I'm at least calling a raise too

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

MDMA 09-08-2007 01:05 PM

Why is that so funny?

dtan05 09-08-2007 01:34 PM

lol i'm going to be retarded and say check raise looks sweeeet, because
1) he's aggressive so he'll probably bet, and
2) he'll never believe you. I'd probably get it in here.

please correct my very flawed logic.

DrMagic 09-08-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that so funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

MatthewRyan 09-08-2007 03:03 PM

I would think he RRs QQ-AA AK AQ pre, so I would put him on either: flush draw, pair+draw, or QK (maybe JT, not sure if he would raise the flop). vs all these hands I like a bet/3bet

brandofo 09-08-2007 03:03 PM

Nielsio 09-08-2007 04:43 PM

I think it depends how he will view your c/r and if he might see it coming. Given that he's a regular I think he will view a c/r as not much else except a very strong made hand. Given his aggressive nature a c/c and a check might be a nice creative play; he's definitely going to view a turn c/c as pot-control and will act accordingly. He could be the type to actually raise a draw on the turn, I don't know.

Turn c/r seems to work well against dumb aggro players, but in this case I might just bet.

Irish Mafia 09-08-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that so funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know - to me, and I think anyone else, it was OBVIOUS that you would AT LEAST call a raise. How could anyone even consider folding to a raise - it means you put him SQUARELY on J-10...(and even then you could still call depending on the size of his raise).

Nothing against the guy who posted the advice - I just found it humorous b/c I don't think it offered anything more than OP already knew; rather I think he was looking for the best line to extract the most value. To that end, i'm not sure - but if he's aggro, he's gonna bet the turn and a cr would be pretty nice. Its a tricky spot - but an enviable one too. Sorry for the "LOL".

Edit - consider stack sizes I guess its possible he could flat-call pf w/ QQ, but I don't know villain. I immediately assumed he'd rr QQ+, but looking at stacks that may not be the case.

DJ Sensei 09-08-2007 06:15 PM

Alright, well, I went for a c/r, because I did indeed think he erred on the "dumb aggressive" side given our history. I think leading again is also fine, though. Anyhow, I checked, he bet $140, I made it $550, he called.

Pot is about $1300, he has $1350 left.

river is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. whats my play?

Ship Ship McGipp 09-08-2007 06:25 PM

shove, pray he's got AJ or AT or JT that got tricky, buit you're beat here a decent amount