Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   plo $100 deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495495)

darkcore 09-07-2007 11:32 AM

Re: plo $100 deep

flop action: checked to mp who bets $10, folded around to sb who calls, bb (hero) calls

and i am not only worried about my outs dead, i am also worried about a made straight

dshadow35 09-07-2007 11:37 AM

I would be worried about having outs that are dead for you.

You really need to pair the board here, and its likely that your opponents have those cards in their hand. Your straight draw to the nuts is a 6 as a J will not give you the nuts.

I have a hard time not re raising before the flop with your hand especially shorthanded, its possible we could have limited the field.

wazz 09-07-2007 11:38 AM

Well you can't be bothered about both, if you're not up against the made straight you're ahead.

MP does look like he has a straight here, but it's not certain. The way you've played the hand looks like the nut flush draw improving to aces up on the turn, so MP would be well within his rights to repot any hand that has that beat (read - sets) and if he thinks he has enough fold equity a few drawing hands as well. He has a straight plenty of the time but you have many outs against that and are ahead enough of the time to call.

Re jimm - I don't raise the turn because I want to keep worse hands in by flatting, and give MP a chance to try to isolate with a hand that's near drawing dead.

Elrazor 09-07-2007 12:42 PM

looking at this i think the turn is a call of the SB push, and then call the big stack repot. it looks to me like SB has a bare straight and wanted to see a safe turn before comitting, and the big stack has 999 as he only bet 1/2 the pot on the flop and is now betting you off the hand as it looks like you have maybe a wrap or straight draw with spades.

the way you have played it certainly dosent look like you have any kind of straight or you would surely have raised the turn, so its fairly standard for him to repot with a wide range of hands so he can get HU with the SB with plenty of dead money in the pot

the more i look at this the more it looks like big stack has 9's or a heavy draw

RoundTower 09-07-2007 01:12 PM

turn is close (not a fold obv but raise or call), I do not like going more on the flop.

TheRempel 09-07-2007 01:46 PM

MP bet 1/2 pot on a pretty sketchy board with a shortstack in the mix. He most likely does not have 67. Stick it in.

darkcore 09-07-2007 02:35 PM

thanks again. looks like i played the hand okay afterall.

i really had a hard time to put mp on the straight (mostly because his flop play) and so i re-raised him (he had only ~$30 behind after his pot-bet) and all of us were all in. sb had the TJ-straightdraw and the k-high flushdraw. mp had the straight with 97.

river bricked.