Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   A-Rod total home runs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495334)

CharlieDontSurf 09-07-2007 08:49 PM

Re: A-Rod total home runs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think about where he plays his remaining games? Pitchers vs. hitters parks etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.. good point. I have done that.

I'm going to let it ride. I'll probably lose, but I'd rather give myself a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i woulda offered $500 and if he said yes made the deal.

Tweety 09-07-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think about where he plays his remaining games? Pitchers vs. hitters parks etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.. good point. I have done that.

I'm going to let it ride. I'll probably lose, but I'd rather give myself a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i woulda offered $500 and if he said yes made the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I offered $460 and thought I might pay up to $500, but he said $550 was the lowest he'd go.

I probably should have taken it, but I'm too stubborn. Now I'm going to have to pay him a grand.

BowToYourSensei 09-07-2007 11:35 PM

unless you personally are going to NYC to break both of a-rods knees, i don't know what you're banking on that you said no to a $550 buyout. no way a-rod hits under 53

technologic 09-08-2007 12:52 AM

arod. so hot right now.

bottomset 09-08-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that's not an ideal pitching lineup but it's far from facing Johan every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Johan has been giving up a ton of HRs this year, still having an overall reasonably strong season

nutshot2 09-08-2007 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that's not an ideal pitching lineup but it's far from facing Johan every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Johan has been giving up a ton of HRs this year, still having an overall reasonably strong season

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not even close to the point.

Rubeskies 09-08-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT

Dynasty 09-08-2007 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
arod. so hot right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now, he's at career highs for OBP, SLG, and OPS. Basically, he's having the best offensive season of his career.

RedBean 09-08-2007 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now, he's at career highs for OBP, SLG, and OPS. Basically, he's having the best offensive season of his career.

[/ QUOTE ]

He currently leads a 43-year old man with a hobbled leg in OPS by a mere 0.003 points, and actually trails the old man in EqA .366 to .357. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

daca 09-08-2007 07:55 AM

Hi Redbean

If A-rod ever gets close to the home run record do you think people will hate him as much as Bonds or have they used all their hate on Bonds so they'll have to like A-rod?