Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Things I don't get #2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495245)

jba 09-06-2007 07:18 PM

Re: Things I don\'t get #2

really the only read you need for mine is:
- decent (ie doesn't peel flop w/ bdfd then donk the turn with a turned fd). the thing to be concerned about here is the flush which against a decent player is very remote. this is what makes me good >50% when called.
- doesn't spew, ie the river 3bet is real. this is what makes me dead when he 3bets

it really doesn't take too long to get to this point.

Tryptamean 09-06-2007 07:58 PM

I never raise/fold made hands. I think I probably miss a few profitable times to do this, but I don't think its a major leak one way or the other.

NinaWilliams 09-06-2007 09:04 PM

Live 10-20. Villian is old guy who plays ok. Generally understands hand values etc.

Preflop
UTG limps, 2 folds, villain raises, I 3 bet AA, UTG calls, Villain calls

Flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG checks, Villain bets, I raise, UTG folds, Villain 3 bets, I call

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain bets, I raise, Villain 3 bets obv, I fold

milesdyson 09-06-2007 09:14 PM

after he 3-bets the flop i just call down hoping he "tricked" me preflop with KK/QQ but mostly expecting to see 99/88. so while i agree that your fold on the turn vs. his 3-bet is good, you shouldn't have given him the chance

NinaWilliams 09-06-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after he 3-bets the flop i just call down hoping he "tricked" me preflop with KK/QQ but mostly expecting to see 99/88. so while i agree that your fold on the turn vs. his 3-bet is good, you shouldn't have given him the chance

[/ QUOTE ]

raise folding costs the same when Im behind but gets an extra bet out of JJ QQ KK TT. IMO the extra bet I get out of those hands is worth more than giving myself a chance to spike a 2 outer. Also this is live so I expect to never fold the best hand when I get 3 bet.

milesdyson 09-06-2007 09:27 PM

i know i just dont expect a live player to bet/3bet with TT or JJ there.

jba 09-06-2007 11:00 PM

nina is this foxwoods? if so you are never ever ever ever good on the turn and i would call down from the flop 3bet because you are crushed (he probably has 99 and stopped on the flop because he put you on the nuts)

NinaWilliams 09-07-2007 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nina is this foxwoods? if so you are never ever ever ever good on the turn and i would call down from the flop 3bet because you are crushed (he probably has 99 and stopped on the flop because he put you on the nuts)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it was. I'll rarely argue that I played a hand correctly, but I really think I took the best course of action in this hand. My turn raise feels like a much better use of 2 bets than call turn and call river, unless he does funky stuff like call turn raise and c/r river.

vmacosta 09-07-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please post hand examples where you raise/fold and let others critique it so the rest of us morons can figure out when to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're on a tilty, ego-driven bluff.

jba 09-07-2007 12:33 AM

nina i see where you're going with this but you also folded a 2 outer in a 13 bb pot