Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   General Q about tourney bankroll (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494390)

GSykes 09-05-2007 09:19 PM

Re: General Q about tourney bankroll

[ QUOTE ]
how would synchronized breaks work? just have tournaments starting only on the hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont, its simple a big cup and a potty by the computer comes in handy

Bond18 09-05-2007 10:10 PM

Barry, i think the 'basic' rule is to have your average buy in at 1% of your roll.

Going with average buy in is a good system of measurement as it allows you a little flexibility with taking shots at higher games without over extending yourself.

I'd say play like 11r, 24 FO's, 11/r/a, 11 FO's, and the occasional 75 FO on tilt. GL

Cleverbeans 09-05-2007 10:23 PM

I go by the following article, and which is the "Bible" of bankroll management - pun intended.

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/pro-tip...on&tip=100

I trust this article because if anyone has crunched the numbers, done the math, and tested it in the field it's going to be Chris Ferguson.

Jbrochu 09-05-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His suggestions are good, but conservative considering that he has a full time job to fall back on/reload with.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point: If he's willing and able to reload he doesn't need to be so conservative. (I have a full time job too but I tend to be a bankroll nit anyway.)

BigAlK 09-06-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His suggestions are good, but conservative considering that he has a full time job to fall back on/reload with.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point: If he's willing and able to reload he doesn't need to be so conservative. (I have a full time job too but I tend to be a bankroll nit anyway.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Able (at least without jumping through a bunch of hoops) is a problem for some of us these days. That's one reason I'm a bankroll nit. Let the people who's money I'm (hopefully) taking figure that out.

KingDan 09-06-2007 01:54 AM

Depending on your financial state ( have a job etc) I wouldn't be super worried with going busto and would prolly play mostly 50s and some 100s if you feel like it.

shaundeeb 09-06-2007 02:29 AM

def play the big 50fos

michaelantoi 09-06-2007 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
def play the big 50fos

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you know a lot more than me, but doesn't this sound a little steep for a $2600 bankroll?

I have a $2200 bankroll and am currently playing NL100.

Is it unadvisable to focus on mtt's and cash? Should I just play one or the other?

Also, if I do decide to play both, what size tourney's should I play for that kind of roll? SHould I drop down to NL50 and play $11fo etc?

GSykes 09-06-2007 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
def play the big 50fos

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you know a lot more than me, but doesn't this sound a little steep for a $2600 bankroll?

I have a $2200 bankroll and am currently playing NL100.

Is it unadvisable to focus on mtt's and cash? Should I just play one or the other?

Also, if I do decide to play both, what size tourney's should I play for that kind of roll? SHould I drop down to NL50 and play $11fo etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

stick to cash unless you have a working luckbox

If you have a luckbox then

1. Play the sunday million
2. ???
3. Profit

rage4dorder 09-06-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stick to cash unless you have a working luckbox

If you have a luckbox then

2. ???
3. Profit

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you got the steps wrong in this case...
2. Have a working luckbox
3. Profit

surely that south park reference can't work for everything