Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Foxwoods 5/10 NL slowplayed set against guy who can bluff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494363)

Vidocq 09-06-2007 05:03 PM

Re: Foxwoods 5/10 NL slowplayed set against guy who can bluff

I would take a step back here. When this flop comes down, your goal should be to get all of the money in on this hand. The analysis should be made with that in mind. Ideally, you want to get it in before the river or be in a posiition on the river where it is just going in anyway. As I see it, on the flop, you have three possible plans:

lead flop and push to a raise
c/r flop, lead turn
c/c flop, c/r turn

I like the options in the order presented. Option three -- c/c flop, c/r turn -- has too many ways to go wrong. The interesting thing is his out of turn flop bet. This is a real feel/read thing, and I wasn't there, but based on your description it sounds like it wasn't an angle. It also doesn't sound like a continuation bet with air. If you thought that there was any chance that he would raise if you bet on the flop, that is definately what I would do. Otherwise, I would have c/r'd on the turn to about 800 and then bet about 1000 on virtually any turn.

Generally speaking, I think that trying to milk in these types of situations is not a good idea. He may not pay off on later streets -- you said he can lay down -- and he can always get there. Using this particular example, a hand with a 6 in it or 77 would definately seem to be part of his range.

aislephive 09-06-2007 05:47 PM

Raise flop to $700 and get him to stack off with AT. If he is really aggressive I don't mind calling him down and then raise the river, but I doubt his aggression level warrants all that. I would raise the turn though to $900 and shove pretty much any river card. This deep you should be trying to get the money in, not play cute and hope he bluffs off a couple hundred bucks.

As played I think your river line is ok if he is the type to bluff raise blocking bets.

Super Tool 09-06-2007 05:50 PM

didnt read HH at all. CALL strickly based on the title of thread...

CamelZoo 09-06-2007 06:32 PM

max play i enjoy here is c/c flop then c/r turn to an amt that he will call or 3b all in with TPTK-AA/bluff/draw

CamelZoo 09-06-2007 06:36 PM

btw good players make a large % of their profits from vomitous plays like your turn call on that board
wtfwtf why would you do that to yourself?

think about how if you had c/r that turn or 3bet pushed you would have avoided this situation, which happens with any spade, 2, 6, 7, A, etc etc. your c/c makes me want to cry as does your reasoning about "extra value"

AMT 09-06-2007 08:08 PM

c/c c/r is fine or c/c lead even. bet out bigger on river as played.