Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Dude Is In The Well (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493320)

Xhad 09-04-2007 02:07 PM

Re: The Dude Is In The Well

Are you ever writing another 2p2 mag article or did you run out of stuff to write about? Seriously, that was some good stuff.

James. 09-04-2007 02:09 PM

thanks for doing this.

in your opinion, when was the small stakes LHE forum at it's peak? just curious.

James. 09-04-2007 02:48 PM

another one,

what is the most common/biggest mistake/misconception you've noticed in the small stakes forum? i remember you once told me i was "valuebetting too much". while that might be a function of the limited amount of my play you were exposed to at the time, i am curious as to your observations.

jesse8888 09-04-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you abide?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, do you?

Also:

As you were moving up the ranks, did you have a special process by which you tried to solidify your lessons learned from a particular session? Did you take notes? Talk to a friend? Just post hands? What was your process for learning after a session?

The Dude 09-04-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you ever writing another 2p2 mag article or did you run out of stuff to write about? Seriously, that was some good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, thank you. And I wouldn't say that I ran out of material as much as I got busy doing other things. A few months before I got engaged is when I stopped writing them, and I just didn't have the time. I did enjoy it though.

The Dude 09-04-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of things that advanced players understand that most low stakes players don't?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the biggest difference is in hand reading skills and ability to make judgments.

For example, there are times when a hand is being discussed and a very good player will notice a good opportunity to bluff, or be more able to estimate the number of outs you have, precisely because he can read hands better. (There's a lot more that very good hand reading skills help you do, but those are some obvious ones.)

And being able to judge how big a person's raising range is, after one limper, etc. This is largely experience but also effort. If you don't try and improve this skill you won't get better at it very quickly, and you'll plateau pretty low.

Hipsdontlie69 09-04-2007 10:53 PM

Is that u AMir Vahedi or Ellix Powers?

goofball 09-04-2007 11:18 PM

If lost both your arms in an accident how would you masturbate?

If you were to be eaten by an animal but could choose the animal which would you choose and why?

If you were to become a doctor what kind would you be?

How much would I have to pay you to eat a worm?

goofball 09-04-2007 11:21 PM

What do you think are the most common mistakes made by bellagio 30/60 regulars?

Fill in the blank: Goofball, __________ is the one thing I think you most need to improve on when you play poker

Fill in the blank: Goofball, __________ is something you're awesome at and should use/exploit more when you play poker

Answer the above two questions except replace "Goofball" with "The Dude"

The Dude 09-04-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As you were moving up the ranks, did you have a special process by which you tried to solidify your lessons learned from a particular session? Did you take notes? Talk to a friend? Just post hands? What was your process for learning after a session?

[/ QUOTE ]
There is nothing that can compare to having a coach of some sorts. Someone who is where you want to be that can talk to you about every aspect of poker. GuyOnTilt bankrolled me and took me from a slight winner in the live 4-8 and 6-12 games to a solid winner in the 20-40 games. If you have to pay a coach, do it. If you are friends with someone who will do it for free, even better.