Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [NL200]AA line ok? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492502)

Jay Riall 09-03-2007 11:55 AM

Re: [NL200]AA line ok?

I like the occasional check-raise here too. People are always going to put you on crap/draw and call light.

Bulletproof Monk 09-03-2007 11:57 AM

this is pretty bad imo

if your not gonna just bet the flop then huzzah you have deceived your hand so you can actually make a real bet on the turn.

jeccross 09-03-2007 11:59 AM

Well it looks like it all worked out ok in this case. Not a big fan of the size of the turn bet cos you really make it look like you have overcards and are trying to take it down cheap after he checks flop too. If you're happy to felt it if he raises your 30 bet then that's fine but if not I'd bet more so you can learn more if he raises on turn.

Jamougha 09-03-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're happy to felt it if he raises your 30 bet then that's fine

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he's felting it if he gets raised, wtf.

jeccross 09-03-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You always felt 1 pair without thinking?

What i'm saying is, I probably would still felt if raised on the turn, but i'm never comfortable felting with 1 pair.

Jamougha 09-03-2007 12:10 PM

jec,

It's a reraised pot, a safe board, we have AA and we've under represented our hand. Also a set would have bet the flop with about 90% frequency. Folding here isn't anything like on the agenda.

Now plz for the sake of your development as a player never use the phrase 'felting one pair' again because it's meaningless. One pair can be a monster and a straight can be garbage.

AggJedi 09-03-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You always felt 1 pair without thinking?

What i'm saying is, I probably would still felt if raised on the turn, but i'm never comfortable felting with 1 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aware that this is a 3bet pot aren't you?

I'd only go for a CR on the flop if the villian is really aggro and loves to pick on weakness. Otherwise, just keep betting.

jeccross 09-03-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jec,

It's a reraised pot, a safe board, we have AA and we've under represented our hand. Also a set would have bet the flop with about 90% frequency. Folding here isn't anything like on the agenda.

Now plz for the sake of your development as a player never use the phrase 'felting one pair' again because it's meaningless. One pair can be a monster and a straight can be garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't patronise me with phrases like "for the sake of your development".

I understand that the board is "relatively" safe, but are you telling me there isn't a single hand in villain's range that beats us (99,JJ is possible, while unlikely). Fair enough if the OP was betting 3/5 of pot as a trap but I was just questioning if that was the case as he didn't explain whether this was his reasoning.

I also don't consider any 1 pair hand an instacall (which to me was what was being implied) regardless of situations where it is a monster (rarely - for anyone who bothers to think while playing).

Aschweinsteiger 09-03-2007 12:33 PM

unless villan is severely short stacked u don take this flop line.
Check raising with the preflop lead i never a play i liked. And if u did lead the flop then by the river ( if u bet and he called) ud be able to shove all in and win alot more $$$. if i were u i would bet the river and beg for him to call me. Theres no way ur beat here and ur flop check makes it even more likely that hell call tutn/river with weak holdings.
Now that ur betting the turn, the true strnegth of ur hand is so well hidden that i think u should bet more on the turn and river. I would bet 40-45 on turn abd bet over 100 on river.

FishSticks 09-03-2007 01:26 PM

jeccross -

Swallow your pride, and don't hate on good advice. Jamougha is correct and you are 100% wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't consider any 1 pair hand an instacall (which to me was what was being implied) regardless of situations where it is a monster (rarely - for anyone who bothers to think while playing).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous.