Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Marsha Waggoner hates black people. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492462)

luckyjimm 09-03-2007 06:29 AM

Re: Marsha Waggoner hates black people.

There is a 20-stone Eastern European guy who's a regular at the poker club I used to go to who is known to own a nearby strip club, and who knows what else he's into behind the scenes. He is very loud, sometimes very rude at the tables, trying to crush and bully people he doesn't like. He always has other guys with him lurking in the background. He drops a lot of money, so it's a running joke that if you spend £20 on a lapdance at his club, £19.50 goes to him to feed his poker losses. Now, if (taking my life into my own hands) I was to jibe him at the tables with "I know you make all your money from strippers anyway", would I be being "racist" because he happens to be from Eastern Europe?

Same situation as in the OP.

bones 09-03-2007 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is a 20-stone Eastern European guy who's a regular at the poker club I used to go to who is known to own a nearby strip club, and who knows what else he's into behind the scenes. He is very loud, sometimes very rude at the tables, trying to crush and bully people he doesn't like. He always has other guys with him lurking in the background. He drops a lot of money, so it's a running joke that if you spend £20 on a lapdance at his club, £19.50 goes to him to feed his poker losses. Now, if (taking my life into my own hands) I was to jibe him at the tables with "I know you make all your money from strippers anyway", would I be being "racist" because he happens to be from Eastern Europe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...

TheRenaissance 09-03-2007 06:54 AM

...except that nowhere in the op does it say "...black guy who is known to be a drug dealer". It is just a black guy.

luckyjimm 09-03-2007 06:55 AM

What I mean is, if the insult is said just because of someone's race, and it's stereotyping all members of that race as criminals, then sure it's racist. But if it's based on that person's appearance and behaviour, then it's not racist. However I see now that perhaps my analogy is unfair since in the case I mentioned the guy's line of work is known, whereas Marsha didn't know anything about the guy he insulted and was purposefully being rude.

gregorio 09-03-2007 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In the OP, the woman was referring to a black person as being a drug dealer, presumably for no reason other than he is black, hence she is being racist.

In your example, you are referring to someone who owns a strip club as being someone who makes money from stripper, presumably because it is true. How are these the same?

luckyjimm 09-03-2007 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In the OP, the woman was referring to a black person as being a drug dealer, presumably for no reason other than he is black, hence she is being racist.

In your example, you are referring to someone who owns a strip club as being someone who makes money from stripper, presumably because it is true. How are these the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I suck at comparisons.

Bulletproof Monk 09-03-2007 10:05 AM

meh i agree with u jimm, and i is black so my opinion counts for like 5 white guys in this argument

king_of_drafts 09-03-2007 10:06 AM

lol

Mr_Mxyztplk 09-03-2007 10:18 AM

another chick player throwing a temper tantrum, that never happened before.

Eponymous 09-03-2007 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the best part of this was the look on mike myers face after it happened...

[/ QUOTE ] "George Bush doesn't care about black people"