Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Expensive KJ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=491419)

Maxinho 09-02-2007 08:52 AM

Re: Expensive KJ

I fold KJ here, you will only get into troble, sometimes, there will be a raise from late position and you will be drawing slim

kerowo 09-02-2007 12:27 PM

Too tight. By your reasoning you would only play most hands from the BB to ensure you can't get raised.

Man of Means 09-02-2007 12:35 PM

Some thoughts:

1) the preflop LRR from a 35/4 player is usually AA/KK/AK but could also be QQ or less repping the {A+K} range. With the decisions made earlier in the hand, calling the turn and river is a no-brainer.

2) How you got to that point is by a series of marginal decisions, that quite honestly, could have been made by many of us in the same manner.

3) What do you do with KJo in the hijack seat? Usually it is normal to raise KQo, although a limp may be better with two already in and loose players in the blinds. The profile of the other players yet to act and those already in will tip your decision toward a raise, call, or perhaps fold (the late position players may be loose/tricky enough that you don't want to play this hand and the limpers may also be good postflop despite loose passive looking stats)

4) With the pot being enormous on the flop, your raise is not protecting your hand against flush draws and 5-outers. (Of course we weigh the probability of a pocket pair hitting a set and the offsetting likelihood of a pocket pair being out there to begin with... on balance this is not something to worry about)

5) If you raise the flop, it has to be for value. Against a limp-reraiser's range, you may be best calling the flop. Of course, we also worry about the other players in the hand, but you have a top pair of kings and there are two rags on board. With a flush draw out there you can raise the turn to punish the drawing hands. They are not making a mistake by calling your flop raise.

6) Pot would be somewhat smaller after just calling the flop, you can more easily find a fold to a turn 3-bet if you decide to raise turn.

7) If LRR'er has a flush draw like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], you are both making money off the callers

scpi10 09-02-2007 12:40 PM

I thought KJo didn't play when you had many players. Wouldn't that make the case for folding or raising preflop. Calling is just saying to everyone "come on in the water's fine and the pot odds are great." [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
I fold this PF.

Aaron W. 09-02-2007 12:43 PM

Too much action on the flop when you capped it.

KJo is good as a limp or a raise. Folding is terrible.

I like raising because you are not likely dominated by the limpers so that if you spike top pair, it's very likely going to be good and you'll get called down by hands you dominate. Then you get value both preflop *AND* postflop instead of just postflop.

KitCloudkicker 09-02-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold KJ here, you will only get into troble, sometimes, there will be a raise from late position and you will be drawing slim

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be running real bad

Bulletproof Monk 09-03-2007 12:51 AM

meh preflop anything is pretty fine

i think you miss value by folding...

i think call > raise > fold, but its like 46/44/10