Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Deutche Bank Championship (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490815)

ArcticKnight 09-01-2007 01:50 AM

Re: Deutche Bank Championship

So VJ is tinkering with his swing - trying to take the club away more on to the inside. Funny, as most of us try to "avoid" taking it away too far inside..

Anyway, WTF is he doing. At his age, with his success, and the fact that he has hit like 10,000,000,000 golf balls, what is he trying to fix?? It seemed to me that putting was the the only weak (or at least inconsistent part) of VJ's game, so not sure what the swing change is about. Anyone know?

PS. Odd to see how with all the changes Phil has made, he is still capable of that ugly slice with the driver now and then. Kind of odd - it's not even a fade gone astray, it's just a big weak slice.

black knight 09-01-2007 04:17 AM

Props to Weir for proving why he was an acceptable captain's pick!

FireStorm 09-01-2007 11:29 AM

Not incredibly noteworthy, but a fairly relevant point to the discussion of the Fedex Cups validity. Fred Funk, #75, withdrew after a first round 76. Granted, reasoning might be serious and 76 = likely missed cut, but #2 and #75 when 70 advance are pretty damning rankings at which to withdraw.

RacersEdge 09-01-2007 12:37 PM

Wow, Phil on Phire. -7 thru 13. He must have taken his sane pills today.

RacersEdge 09-01-2007 01:05 PM

Oh yeah, Tiger -7 for the day too.

tuq 09-01-2007 03:34 PM

Wow, a lot of guys going low today. It makes me wonder if these "playoff" tournaments shouldn't have slightly tougher conditions than the average Tour stop? After all, majors tend to yield higher scoring champions than random events, and tends to yield a higher caliber champion.

If the winners the next three weeks are in the 15+ under range it's gonna make me wonder.

Butcho22 09-01-2007 05:01 PM

Definitely a better chance of some "no-name" coming from behind to win with easier course setups.

Not sure how I feel about it really. I'm leaning towards not caring though.

Bill Murphy 09-01-2007 10:53 PM

Well, Stricker made this Cup thing interesting for awhile. GG, Tiger.

BigSoonerFan 09-01-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure how I feel about it really. I'm leaning towards not caring though.

[/ QUOTE ]

bonds 09-02-2007 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure how I feel about it really. I'm leaning towards really not caring though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's anything the PGA Tour could do to really pump up fan interest once football season has started.