Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Have you ever contemplated suicide (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490563)

swingdoc 08-31-2007 10:00 AM

Re: Have you ever contemplated suicide

It's ridiculously normal to occasionally wonder what it would be like to shoot yourself in the head, drive off a bridge, drive into some barrier, jump off the top of a 20 story building, etc. I know, kinda sounds crazy like that, but there it is. Then there's the passive deathwish stage taht depressed people, folks grieving or whatever go through. Here they wish they would just die in order to end the pain, but have no desire to actively pursue death. This is a little worriesome, but not eminently dangerous. Scariest ones are theh people who want to die and are willing to make that happen - especially if they have a specific plan or have started gathering needed stuff like guns, etc.

Where have you guys fallen in this range? I have to admit to at least the first 2 at varying times in my life.

epiLog 08-31-2007 10:03 AM

Every morning.

kerowo 08-31-2007 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

diddyeinstein 08-31-2007 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never would tell someone that I had a thought like that because I think they might think it actually means something or interpret it as more than it was, whereas it was just a curious thought or something and was fleeting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't posting this on the interwebs contradict what you say.

Los Feliz Slim 08-31-2007 10:24 AM

If I ever killed myself I'd do it in some out-of-the-way fleabag motel so nobody in my family would be the one to discover me or have to clean it up.

To be clear I'd never kill myself, but I think having to deal with the body, etc, after somebody you loved killed themselves would royally suck.

FocusedOne 08-31-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never would tell someone that I had a thought like that because I think they might think it actually means something or interpret it as more than it was, whereas it was just a curious thought or something and was fleeting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't posting this on the interwebs contradict what you say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't count OOTers as people.

NajdorfDefense 08-31-2007 12:10 PM

'Everyone should keep a loaded gun in the house.

Not to kill yourself with. For those rainy, Sunday afternoons in February, so you know you're making a choice.'

XXXNoahXXX 08-31-2007 12:11 PM

I have thought it through before. How I would do it, what I'd write to people in notes. This doesn't mean much though, because sometimes I see a random car driving by and take a few seconds to mentally record the driver's face and the license plate in case, moments after passing me, he jumps the curb and hits a pedestrian and then takes off. I also spend hours thinking about how to spend lottery winnings, etc. so I don't really think about it for real.

My thinking about suicide is more motivated by the "what happens after you die" than the "i hate my life".

W brad 08-31-2007 12:14 PM

I would never want people to know that I committed suicide, so I have thought about how to arrange my death in a way that does not look like suicide.

You know: suicide by "cop", suicide by car "accident", suicide by mountain climbing "mistake", suicide by snorkling "accident", suicide by "snake bite".

Ron Burgundy 08-31-2007 02:11 PM

Lately I've been considering getting a gun for self-defense. But ironically, I'm afraid to because I think there's a good chance I'd use it to kill myself.

I've had pretty serious suicidal thoughts quite often for about the last 8 years.