Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   pressing hard (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490449)

bicyclekick 09-01-2007 01:57 AM

Re: off topic question

yeah the 3rd player was a big moron. It was also 'only' 30/60 and I was really leaning on him and felt very strong and was feeling the challenge. At the time, no I don't think I could have found a better spot.

bugstud 09-01-2007 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BK,

I saw you guys slugging it out and know that 2p2er plays pretty darn good. Was the 3rd player very weak? If not, were you just playing for the challenge of it since clearly you could find a better spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd player was bad enough I'd have played just about anybody else in the third seat as long as they didn't open button 100%

as for hand in question, the people that are 3betting are you 3betting much worse?

TeeJayOrTJ 09-01-2007 02:40 AM

I personally 3bet here like 5% of the time. I am pretty sure that is a weakness for me though. I end up going into call down mode here...mainly because I hate folding at any point.

daryn 09-01-2007 08:11 AM

haha now i'm curious, who was it?

bugstud 09-01-2007 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha now i'm curious, who was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

<------

daryn 09-01-2007 09:10 AM

weird i assumed it was you after your response, but then i thought you had asked bk if the people in the game were 3 betting him much worse (makes no sense).. didn't realize you were asking the people in the thread

DeathDonkey 09-01-2007 01:15 PM

Given new info that it was bugstud I would never 3 bet 80%. Overwhelming read of him supersedes read of the last half hour BK gave and I would crying call down.

-DeathDonkey

PokerBob 09-01-2007 01:32 PM

Re: pressing hard

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think he has?

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw i rarely 3bet in this spot. a good player knows that you are never folding anything, and if he is FOS and is doing the 'me have flush draw me raise' line, he's gonna barrell that river. let him. that said, the turn is a decent card to pull this move on as he is trying to rep trips. but if that is the case, he should be 4betting your turn 3bet.

bugstud 09-01-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given new info that it was bugstud I would never 3 bet 80%. Overwhelming read of him supersedes read of the last half hour BK gave and I would crying call down.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]