Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Just bought a car. Can I take it back?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490238)

El Diablo 08-30-2007 09:14 PM

Re: Just bought a car. Can I take it back??

OP,

Sounds like you're screwed, but I do think it's a pretty sweet degen move to impulse buy a car before checking to see if you can afford the payments.

hoff21 08-30-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

Sounds like you're screwed, but I do think it's a pretty sweet degen move to impulse buy a car before checking to see if you can afford the payments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, drove by the lot and stopped to take a look. 3 hours later I'm in the poor house with a beamer. If only I woulda taken the long way home [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Duke 08-30-2007 09:27 PM

I find it fascinating that you could write a check for $9k (assuming it's good) but you can't afford payments on a $14k loan.

goofball 08-30-2007 09:28 PM

Is poker a viable income supplement?

slickpoppa 08-30-2007 09:29 PM

Buy gap insurance. Park the car in the ghetto with the windows rolled down and the keys on the front seat. Collect insurance money.

hoff21 08-30-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it fascinating that you could write a check for $9k (assuming it's good) but you can't afford payments on a $14k loan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the check is good. My rent is really high and combined with other bills = me being in over my head. I could have had less of a down payment and financed more I guess but I was thinking the way I did it was the more fruitful way.

Duke 08-30-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the check is good. My rent is really high and combined with other bills = me being in over my head. I could have had less of a down payment and financed more I guess but I was thinking the way I did it was the more fruitful way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh OK. That's cool. I figured that the typical American had $500 in the bank and $4k worth of bills every month, so found it weird that you'd acquire $9k with a fairly small (within a few hundred of your previous nut) income and a tendency to impulse buy cars.

boscoboy 08-30-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buy gap insurance. Park the car in the ghetto with the windows rolled down and the keys on the front seat. Collect insurance money.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at needing gap insurance if you put 9K cash down - gap covers LTV in excess of 100%

hoff21 08-30-2007 10:04 PM

Thanks for the help. I guess I'm rooting against a bank financing me (kinda sick).

Butcho22 08-30-2007 10:16 PM

Go to the dealership and explain to them you have to return the car because you can't afford it.... offer them ~$500 for their trouble, and promise to buy a car from them when you can afford it which will likely be very soon.