Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   1/2 Hand vs Carrotsnake OOP and bad board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490033)

cs3 08-30-2007 04:10 PM

Re: 1/2 Hand vs Carrotsnake OOP and bad board

also i think lots of guys play way too tricky vs well known players like carrotsnake just becasue of their "reputation" even though playing straight forwrad would be more profitable most of the time

nuggetz87 08-30-2007 04:12 PM

i would bet/call turn, but i think this is a bluff a lot and would call the river.

course he should also be shoving even with the [censored] end of the straight and maybe more, but i like the call.

Poker_is_Hard 08-30-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He can really have any pair I think on the riv - weird thing is though any pair is generally 2pr which I dont think he turns into a bluff here but really depends on what level hes on.

On the turn he can basically have ATC i think, its just how often he decides to continue on the river w/ the ATC that are bluffs on the turn. Missed hearts, underpairs, single pairs, A high.

I don't like b/f turn, I figure hes going to be stabbing a lot and I want him to make that stab.

[/ QUOTE ]

From OP
[ QUOTE ]
Never played against him before, hes been at table for 5 min or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some9 08-30-2007 04:13 PM

why would you ever call this river????

carrotsnake 08-30-2007 04:15 PM

How is 2 pair a bluff here

RiverFenix 08-30-2007 04:22 PM

Poker_is_hard,
His reputation makes me think that?

Some9,
Because its an awesome card for 2nd barrel?

carrot,
I can easily have a J or 6 even though I'm opening utg. Sets are pretty clearly out for me but after c/c turn its probably AT+ or hands that the river gave a straight to (pair+draw).

cs3 08-30-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can easily have a J or 6 even though I'm opening utg. Sets are pretty clearly out for me but after c/c turn its probably AT+ or hands that the river gave a straight to (pair+draw).

[/ QUOTE ]

but why the hell would you ever check a J or 6 on the river? and how would you ever have a hand with a J or 6 the way the flop + turn action went - you would have to have exactly JJ AND check the river with the nuts. pretty long parlay for any villain to believe that

0evg0 08-30-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is 2 pair a bluff here

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

no offense to OP, but whoever said yesterday that there's not much of a difference between the best players at stars 200 and the regular players is way way off

luckybacon 08-30-2007 04:38 PM

are you kidding me. you realize hes value pushing all 2 pairs here. I think you defined your hand very clearly as in overpair. He would be pushing 2 pair for strictly value.

Speedlimits 08-30-2007 04:51 PM

bet turn.