Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Moving up... stats check. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489873)

WarhammerIIC 08-30-2007 01:46 PM

Re: Moving up... stats check.

[ QUOTE ]
Small sample but you're losing UTG in 6max. You shouldn't lose money in any position that isn't a blind, otherwise you'd be better off folding every single hand in that position.
You're playing 12/6 there. What is your raise/limp range here?
If you're limp/folding to a late position raise here a lot, that's a big leak.
The higher you go, the less you'll be able to see a flop just limping UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good catch. I was limping a lot here with low/medium pocket pairs. I have corrected that recently and I'm raising with those hands almost all the time.

bung 08-30-2007 01:48 PM

open up your range more, open raise many more hands, steal more blinds, be more aggressive post-flop (esp 6max), showdown a touch less (small sample I know).

Do you open-limp a lot in ep?

WarhammerIIC 08-30-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
open up your range more, open raise many more hands, steal more blinds, be more aggressive post-flop (esp 6max), showdown a touch less (small sample I know).

Do you open-limp a lot in ep?

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot more than I originally thought, yes. Looking at the difference between my small/medium PP and SC hands when I limp and when I raise is pretty crazy.

bung 08-30-2007 02:15 PM

you can even raise 22 UTG. You'll take down the blinds often enough, and when you don't, a c-bet HU will usually do the trick. If the pot is multi-way and you flop a set....$$$

WarhammerIIC 08-30-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can even raise 22 UTG. You'll take down the blinds often enough, and when you don't, a c-bet HU will usually do the trick. If the pot is multi-way and you flop a set....$$$

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I've been realizing that lately and my stats are at least slightly better over the last week or so.

Disconnected 08-30-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw that the steal % was low also...is that calculation based off being the initial PF raiser from CO/BU? Since a lot of people limp in NL25 that could be the reason. I don't love raising up limp-callers with marginal holdings against players that refuse to fold if they hit their TPWK.

[/ QUOTE ]

A steal is when you open-raise from CO, BTN, or SB. If someone limps and you raise, it's not a steal. The steal % is based on number of opportunities to steal, as well (some of the other PFR-related stats are based on total number of hands).

Tuff Enuff 08-30-2007 07:19 PM

I'm a noob so dont take this the wrong way but,is 500 your roll? 10 buy in's seems a little risky. Most people say 20 BI's for each level. Do you feel your game is ready or are you just taking a shot to see how you do?

TheSalche 08-30-2007 07:34 PM

I think you need to play a lot more hands at 25 before moving up, this sample is pretty damn small.

maciczka 08-30-2007 09:34 PM

UTG is your leak. Your range either is to wide or YOu limp tooooooooo often. Also Your attempted to steal blinds % is to less. Perfectly is at least 30%.

Spanky1974 08-30-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to play a lot more hands at 25 before moving up, this sample is pretty damn small.

[/ QUOTE ]