Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Where to play in AC (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489754)

SellingtheDrama 08-31-2007 10:01 AM

Re: Where to play in AC

[ QUOTE ]
Guess It would of prolly helped if I said what limits I was looking for. I play 2/5nl mainly. But thanks for the input so far I'm prolly leaning toward the showboat and Taj. Headed up this week so we'll see how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/5 generally means Borgata or Taj. Borgata has a majority of the active 2/5 games (selection!).

Oh and stay off my tables, I like money [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mattyspin 08-31-2007 12:50 PM

not to hijack this thread, but i really miss the days of a cheap room rate, an available weekend room rate, and a packed card room like the Trop used to offer (often having 4 tables of 2/5, a coupld 5/10NL, and the Pink Chip Game!).

i used to love that room.

RarocASP 08-31-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Taj rooms are standard. A little gaudy, but I hear they upgraded a little (true?), and their poker room rate isn't bad (I think ~75).

taj games are good, for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

$65 summer weekdays, $85 summer weekends when there are rooms available. Games are good, not as soft as the Borg though.

FiveFingerz 08-31-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not to hijack this thread, but i really miss the days of a cheap room rate, an available weekend room rate, and a packed card room like the Trop used to offer (often having 4 tables of 2/5, a coupld 5/10NL, and the Pink Chip Game!).

i used to love that room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] sadly those days seem to be over [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

peacock 08-31-2007 04:47 PM

the showboat has a nice poker room

FiveFingerz 08-31-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the showboat has a nice poker room

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I love the showboat it just needs to be about 3x bigger lol but thats where you will prolly see me from now on.

FiveFingerz 09-03-2007 02:30 PM

Played ceasars, showboat and hilton this weekend, first time playing at ceasars.

Ceasars was nice played 2/5 nl for awhile till the table broke, they had two 2/5 tables running at 9am on sat which I thought was decent considering most poker roooms in AC other than the Gata usually only have 1 if any. Played 1/2 for awhile till i got another seat at the other 2/5 table. Play was decent lot of regulars that knew each other, kind of loose table played more like a 5/10.

Around 2pm left went over to the Hilton, they have a nice room I've played there a lot before and recommend playing there if you haven't had a chance.

Sunday played showboat 2/5 nl had barely one table 6-7 players kinda soft not much action. One of the guys at the table said they have a good 2/5 game on fri and sat night. Not for the faint hearted though lol. They also have one hot ass floor manager, Kellie I think she used to to deal there too. Shes good though she does a nice job running the tourneys and taking care of the players.

yanxchick 09-04-2007 06:46 PM

And she's an excellent poker player.

onoble 09-04-2007 09:16 PM

Stay at Hilton for cheap. Take jittney for $3 to Borgota (its the first stop)

Dak9885 09-06-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stay at Hilton for cheap. Take jittney for $3 to Borgota (its the first stop)

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they raise the Jitney price from $2 recently?