Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rudy G's Tough Talk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489296)

ItalianFX 08-29-2007 09:28 PM

Re: Rudy G\'s Tough Talk

I think it's more of the fact that he was a public figure that people can relate to. I'm sure if there was a group of people who fought with John McCain in Vietnam, they'd want to vote for him too. Rudy will probably get a large % of the votes in NY just because that is where he is from. As far as from the other states, I think it'll be largely divided.

I have been following the democrats a little more than the republicans because I always seem to miss the republican debates.

I'm a registered Republican, but I take the stance of whatever side I want to be on. I actually think I am more of a Democrat than anything. I'm also not a big expert on anything political.

ThaSaltCracka 08-29-2007 10:47 PM

Vote for Ron Paul.

Thanks for your answers btw.

Ron Burgundy 08-29-2007 11:55 PM

The main knock on Guiliani I've heard from most conservatives is that he's extremely authoritarian and big-government. He supports the national ID cards. His belief in the 2nd amendment is questionable. From what he says in the debates, I get the impression he thinks people should give up all their rights and privacy in order to let the govt protect them from terrorists.

bronx bomber 08-30-2007 12:37 AM

Rudy would make a great President.....if he was elected after Carter. His legacy at the end of his last term would have been written a little differently I think if 9-11 hadn't happened. Something like, he did a great job, it was time for him to go. NYC was a disaster when he took over and the man was uncompromising in doing what he thought was right- and he didnt care who he pissed off. If you think Bush's policies are correct and want to continue fracturing relations with the rest of the world then he is your man.
Ron, Rudy isn't a big government guy but he is slimy. If you want a continuation of no bid contracts and business as usual than he is your guy.
I loved Rudy as the mayor of NYC-the transformation this city saw was incredible. He was a man for the times, I just don't think now is the time for him.

John Kilduff 08-30-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The main knock on Guiliani I've heard from most conservatives is that he's extremely authoritarian and big-government. He supports the national ID cards. His belief in the 2nd amendment is questionable. From what he says in the debates, I get the impression he thinks people should give up all their rights and privacy in order to let the govt protect them from terrorists.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Giuliani is basically a modern-day Liberal except when it comes to law enforcement and Big Brother. Then he's a Republican plus.

ua1176 08-30-2007 02:32 AM

can't stand his opinions on national issues but the dude turned things around in NYC like nobody's business.

my parents told me stories of how they wouldn't take certain subway lines even in the middle of the day. now i walk through washington heights alone at 2am and never feel unsafe.

Copernicus 08-30-2007 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Giuliani is basically a modern-day Liberal except when it comes to law enforcement and Big Brother. Then he's a Republican plus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually if you go through his positions point by point he isn't as liberal as some want to make him out to be. The only area I have major disagreement with him is immigration, where his position is awful. Unfortunately Romney can't win the general, so Rudy is the man. hopefully he's heard the voice of the people on immigration

AlexM 08-30-2007 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously how is this man a legitimate candidate?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was mayor of New York when 9/11 happened. It takes serious presidential material to be in the right place at the right time like that!

AlexM 08-30-2007 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think Bush's policies are correct and want to continue ... he is your man.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Rudy isn't a big government guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Contradictory.

Moseley 08-30-2007 09:08 AM

There is nothing "tough" about Rudy G....just take a look at his divorce settlements.