Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Sports Betting Forum Fantasy Football League 2007 - (SBFFL) -- sign up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488322)

Performify 08-28-2007 04:08 PM

Re: Sports Betting Forum Fantasy Football League 2007 - (SBFFL) -- sig

Yahoo the site itself is free but everyone would have to pay individually (or as a group) for live scoring.

There are a number of pay options (i'd consider Yahoo a pay option, live scoring is a must).

/Still looking around.

-P

dudeimstoked 08-28-2007 04:13 PM

One thing you can do is do the draft via yahoo, then import them into ESPN, but that would require some legwork.

LBJ 08-28-2007 04:16 PM

ESPN really is the best site out there. The free live scoring and site interface makes it much better than Yahoo.

I'm not a regular on here, but read a lot and post semi-often. I'd be in for the $25 or $50 league.

LBJ 08-28-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing you can do is do the draft via yahoo, then import them into ESPN, but that would require some legwork.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a number of mock draft sites out there. There is even a mock draft program on ESPN. I don't know if that could work out for the drafts, but there are a lot of options so I'd imagine one of them would.

B00T 08-28-2007 04:19 PM

you could do the draft in an aim/irc chat room if getting a draft time at a certain site is a problem

Shantanut 08-28-2007 04:28 PM

i personally think yahoo has the slickest interface and easiest to use roster and stuff, def. worth the 10 dollars for live scoring (10 dollars includes all the leagues you play, plus the stat tracker interface is sweet).

dankhank 08-28-2007 04:56 PM

in for one $200 team

Performify 08-28-2007 04:57 PM

Yahoo's draft availablity is no more open than ESPN's. Its only open during the afternoon.

[ QUOTE ]
There are a number of mock draft sites out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone have a specific recommendation? I've been looking but can't find anything that will work.

[ QUOTE ]
you could do the draft in an aim/irc chat room if getting a draft time at a certain site is a problem

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be a huge pain as people can't see who's still available, but might be our only option outside of drafting at midnight eastern.

-P

Caldarooni 08-28-2007 05:19 PM

I'm not sure why drafting in the afternoon would be a problem. Its not like any of us have jobs. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Performify 08-28-2007 05:37 PM

Heh.

Let me lay it out once clearly:

OPTIONS FOR DRAFTING:

During the afternoon on a weekday (tuesday or wednesday next week, any time from noon EST to 5pm EST)

During the afternoon this weekend (saturday / sunday / monday)

At midnight EST on a weekday (tuesday midnight EST probably)

Draft offline (via chat / this forum / whatever)

Find a third party draft site (still looking for suggestions)

Move to Yahoo! Plus (cost = $125 per league so $12.50 per person, can do up to 20 man leagues which would be ~$7 per person). This includes live scoring etc but would be a per league fee (so if you were in four leagues you'd be paying four times).

Move to CBSsportsline (cost = $150 per league so $15 per person for a ten team league) where we can draft whenever we want.

I'm honestly fine with any of the above.