Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Sports Forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487100)

tuq 08-27-2007 01:15 AM

Re: Sports Forum

Matt,

Haha, I shouldn't have gotten involved in this thread.

You're right, if mods are being abusive then something needs to be said, particularly if - and I continue to be baffled by this - greens are given so much more weight for their opinion.

That said, it makes me sad to see Vyse being the victim of anything. Whoever is making him the victim, please stop it. The dude should reside in a sympathy-free zone and this is making me conflicted.

MEbenhoe 08-27-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're right, if mods are being abusive then something needs to be said, particularly if - and I continue to be baffled by this - greens are given so much more weight for their opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq,

you'll find this out soon. once you are green, everything you do on these forums gets magnified to the average poster, the same way it does for the more prominent posters except even bigger in some ways.

And personally, when I see a mod posting in any forum, I expect to see better behavior than I would out expect out of the average poster. Maybe I'm wrong for this.

NT! 08-27-2007 01:26 AM

matt,

i shouldn't tell you how to run your forum, i know you didn't say anything about it above, but re-reading my post, that is out of line.

that said, you should still ban vyse [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i guess i just disagree that someone should be allowed to make a dozen or so posts in a thread arguing that you can't judge a guy for beating his wife when it's a 'small sample size' (loolllllllll). i could respond to him in a more civil way, but why? so i can argue with a drooling, half-witted brick wall? a post like that merits nothing but ridicule.

anyway the sports forum has a very laissez-faire style and that's cool, but i can't see how the troll should get away with inciting people but the people who respond get banned.

MEbenhoe 08-27-2007 01:37 AM

NT,

Thanks. And believe me if he does ever step over the line I'll be right there to ban him, I just don't think he's done anything that awful so far.

Dids 08-27-2007 10:15 AM

Vyse should unquestionably be banned imo. I know Meb has a much different definition and tolerance for trolling than I do, and so far it's worked in the sports forum, but I think if more folks like Vyse showed up, bad times.

Dids 08-27-2007 11:01 AM

Also,

Since when is it ok again to change people's titles without their request?

iron81 08-27-2007 11:11 AM

Since always? You don't need their permission to give a title, it just can't be derogatory. Link

daryn 08-27-2007 11:37 AM

i hate titles ugh

Dids 08-27-2007 11:53 AM

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the title NT set wasn't exactly complimentary.

Also, upon reading that thread, I think it's really obvious Vyse is just taking contrary positions to troll people. He might never break any obvious rule, but he ruins the forum. I think those are the kinds of troll that we need to work really hard to weed out.

El Diablo 08-27-2007 12:50 PM

iron,

"Since always? You don't need their permission to give a title, it just can't be derogatory."

I don't think it's good policy for mods to just be arbitrarily changing titles whenever they feel like it.

Ryan, Mat: Is iron correct that 2+2 policy is that mods can just change the title of any user as long as it's not insulting?