Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   TTT 5/T (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=486092)

JooWish622 08-25-2007 04:36 PM

Re: TTT 5/T

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems to me like 60 bucks in by the river can't be good at all. what about leading the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's gonna bluff most scare cards (dunno about a jack), and I don't wanna be leading the turn with the lower part of my range. I'm more curious about the river than previous streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think in a case like this, with this board development, I'm not sure if its a good idea to go for a river CR after missing a turn CR here.

EC10 08-25-2007 04:49 PM

i think this is a good spot to cr flop

kura0 08-25-2007 05:47 PM

can you explain that please?
dry board, topset, why are we checkraising without specific reads

ipokeder 08-25-2007 05:49 PM

i guess cuz of [whoever] theorem which says c/ring blank flops is usually air trying to rep a set i think that you think that w/e ad infinitum

AAismyfriend 08-25-2007 05:52 PM

I like c/ring the flop here against a thinking player most of the time....but as played I think your line is best. nh.

king_of_drafts 08-25-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i think this should really probably be your standard line, c/ring this flop with TT just doesn't seem to be a good standard play since you got the deck crushed and most of your range on flatting this flop is going to be hands you're folding to a 2nd barrel. i mean, if OOP c/ring is a big part of your game (pretty sure it isn't), then yeah you should be doing it with TT more often and of course you C/R once in a while but def not as a standard. i think c/ring is way way better with 33/66 than with TT here.

leading river really i think is not good either. he's rarely calling with 9's and that's basically the only hand you're looking to get value out of, and he's going to bet the river a lot with air to try to get you fold 88-, a pair of 6's, maybe ace high or something.

i mean, if he pushes you probably have to fold, but he could have 99 here since your line is 33/66 just as easily as TT and it'd be so dubious for you to flatall OOP with a gutshot and overs or redraws or anything. plus he could put you on JT/9T since flop, turn, and river are pretty consistent with that as well... eh...

i dunno, i'd probably just call a shove anyway and berate him in chat if i lost. sick life.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea this is pretty spot on except that I think check raising 333 and 666 is not THAT much different from TTT and I'm gonna coldcall with close to the same frequency

23act 08-25-2007 07:19 PM

i like the entire line. the river c/r is really dynamic tho and if he shoves there are a lot of factors that would go into you estimating the range he puts u on so its really situation dependent leaning towards a call imo

without specific history or a read im not convinced that c/r the flop is the best value line

c the turn is obv. given his flop range contains lots of air and overpairs which he'll bet on the J

leading the river is lame after he checks the turn

ipokeder 08-25-2007 07:22 PM

well i guess "way way" is off but with 33/66, at least you're going to get called one street or two with JT/9T sometimes, whereas with TT the only legitimate time you're stacking someone is vs an overpair or an underset (legitimate meaning discluding situations where you get somebody to try to bluff you w/ air or a gutshot or something)

Ship Ship McGipp 08-25-2007 07:41 PM

i like this line just fine

wtfsvi 08-27-2007 12:35 PM

What worse hand plays like this and then calls the river check raise?