Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   August Monthly [censored] Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485430)

kidcolin 08-24-2007 06:41 PM

Re: August Monthly [censored] Thread

I've been having the same problem playing basketball after a long stretch of sedentary living. Check out kyleb's thread about rotator cuff exercises.

It's also probably just a factor of using muscles you aren't used to.

Cancer Merchant 08-24-2007 06:45 PM

Speaking of injury, I've been easing my way back into squats after pulling both sides of my groin a month ago. Anything past a half squat, and I can feel the tendons start to grind and pop. I've been taking more and more time off between sessions to heal, up to a week and a half currently. How long should I expect this to take to get back to 100%?

Thremp 08-24-2007 06:47 PM

Cancer,

Drop weight lift more often.

cbloom 08-24-2007 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How long should I expect this to take to get back to 100%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Years? Seriously be happy if you get back to 90%.

Big Poppa Smurf 08-24-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a little extreme, depending on the severity of the injury if you take the time off and rehab properly you can get back to 100%. It might take a few months though, but groin injuries are not the ones to mess around with.

Cancer Merchant 08-24-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a little extreme, depending on the severity of the injury if you take the time off and rehab properly you can get back to 100%. It might take a few months though, but groin injuries are not the ones to mess around with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not what I wanted to hear, but I guess I'll have to deal. I'll drop my squat to where I can go all the way down with no pain, and just keep working it until it gets better. It's a fine line though, between strengthening and repulling it. Hell, I just want to run full bore in time for my next softball league...

Bobby Digital 08-24-2007 11:14 PM

I've been doing starting strength, so squatting 3 x per week and doing HIIT running 2 x per week. That was fine at first but I'm now up to 10 30 sec. sprints when I run and my squat has gone up. My legs are very fatigued and its affecting my squats. Should I drop a HIIT day, do shorter HIIT sessions, or do lighter squats once a week? Goal is to get to 180 lbs. by early Nov., I'm ~197 now.

SmileyEH 08-24-2007 11:27 PM

Make the midweek squat session very light.

fatgirl_lover 08-24-2007 11:49 PM

my weights down to 140 pounds and i benched 145 for a few reps, my friend told me thatīs a milestone so thatīs good. iīm going to start with olympic lifting, squatting and deadlifting now i couldnīt before due to leg injury and fear that my bad form will get me injured. thereīs still a chance iīm going to injury myself with bad form but these excercises are too helpful to not do.

kidcolin 08-25-2007 02:25 AM

Bobby,

How long have you been doing HIIT? From what I've read, it's a good idea to take a week or two off every 6-8 weeks of it. I don't see the harm in skipping a few days to give your legs some extra recovery time.