Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   I know this weeks poker after dark is a rerun, but.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485317)

SteelWheel 08-24-2007 10:51 PM

Re: I know this weeks poker after dark is a rerun, but....

One of the things that I admire about Greg is that winning the WSOP hasn't changed him a bit. He's the same guy he always was. He feels no need to dress differently, he hasn't moved to Vegas or LA to "live the poker lifestyle" 24/7/365, or anything like that. He hasn't dumped his wife in favor of a newer, shinier model--although I'm sure he's had opportunities to do so--regardless of what one might think of his appearance, any guy who's in the green in the poker world has options in that regard.

If I'm ever as fortunate as he has been, I hope I can stay as humble as he has.

Dan87 08-24-2007 10:58 PM

The only thing that put me off was him talking about the libertarian party and how they will "save america from itself" in 3-4 elections.

cbloom 08-24-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that put me off was him talking about the libertarian party and how they will "save america from itself" in 3-4 elections.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can't stand people with hopes and ideals.

JokersAttack 08-25-2007 02:51 AM

In an interview with Bluff magazine Joe Hachem talks about having organised to go out for dinner with Phil Hellmuth, Greg Raymer and Johnny Chan after the tournament was over (explains why Greg was waiting around and Phil's appearance). After losing the game from a 6:1 chip advantage, Joe mentions that Johnny boarded the tilt express and didn't attendthe organised dinner. What an idiot.

Dan87 08-25-2007 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and railing a televised poker tournament is the perfect venue to show those ideals.

UnblinkingEye 08-25-2007 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and railing a televised poker tournament is the perfect venue to show those ideals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, in the immortal words of PH:

"ANYTHING FOR THE AIRTIME, BABY!"

~Mike

rocketsfan4lyfe 08-25-2007 11:23 AM

he said he won a million dollars from someone (cant remember) what a load of crap, he aint a degen to bet that much

antipeon 08-25-2007 12:06 PM

wow you guys are pathetic

No Fizzle 08-25-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow you guys are pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Of all the people on TV, you choose to attack Greg Raymer?

pendragon 08-25-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he said he won a million dollars from someone (cant remember) what a load of crap, he aint a degen to bet that much

[/ QUOTE ]
This was discussed earlier in the thread. That was just a humorous anecdote about a joke bet. He was trying to be funny (which is probably why he, and I think the other guy was Gavin something, made the bet to begin with - so they could tell stories about it).