Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Computer Technical Help (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Computer/best buy buying advice (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485057)

emon87 08-24-2007 01:09 AM

Re: Computer/best buy buying advice

And also, Intel or AMD processor?

ilya 08-24-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, does anyone know anything about the Dell small business computers? Better value?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I remember it's a no go unless you actually have a business. I tried and they ask for your business bank account #, etc

ilya 08-24-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't matter, just get whatever's cheaper

emon87 08-24-2007 01:53 AM

cool thanks for the info.

MrWookie 08-24-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it matters...to a degree. Intel does have the best processors out there currently, and by a decent margin. It doesn't sound like you need a super-great processor, but I'd still lean intel unless AMD is significantly cheaper.

Thanir 08-24-2007 02:02 AM

I personally would pick intel over AMD for a laptop. I though I read that they are better chips...less power usage, and less heat.

I would go with Dell over BB. If you do, google Dell Coupons, there are always deals for various Dells, and they expire and change all the time it seems.

ilya 08-24-2007 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it matters...to a degree. Intel does have the best processors out there currently, and by a decent margin. It doesn't sound like you need a super-great processor, but I'd still lean intel unless AMD is significantly cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude...it doesn't matter for like 99% of computer users...OP's not even planning to game really, never mind do anything really intensive

oh lol, actually now that i think of it, it does matter if he's getting a laptop...OP if you are getting a laptop go AMD

emon87 08-24-2007 02:10 AM

Intel is like $50 more so I will probably go with that. And yea, I decided to just build my own dell.

Do most of the Inspirons come with open memory slots and are they easy to upgrade? because the Dell RAM is so frickin expensive.

emon87 08-24-2007 02:11 AM

OK why AMD?

Dells are $50 less for the AMDs it seems.

ilya 08-24-2007 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK why AMD?

Dells are $50 less for the AMDs it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

cheaper, and in laptops they run cooler...just don't get the desktop replacement chip, get a Celeron or whatever the next one in that line is