Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OOT. Time for a change. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483841)

Dids 08-22-2007 02:17 PM

Re: OOT. Time for a change.

My vote would be less locking, more *'s.

Case Closed 08-22-2007 02:17 PM

Yeah, the asterisks are getting a little stagnant. I am sure OOT can come up with something more fresh.

DonkeyKongSr 08-22-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the asterisks are getting a little stagnant. I am sure OOT can come up with something more fresh.

[/ QUOTE ]

First offense: -
Second offense: -
Third offense: 8

guids 08-22-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

first offence: 8
2nd offence: =
3rd offence: =
4th offence: D

8==D

doucy 08-22-2007 02:26 PM

One thing I like about the * system is that it helps us figure out who sucks just by looking at their title. Useful for people who don't spend a great amount of time on the boards.

But I'm open to other ideas.

NicksDad1970 08-22-2007 02:28 PM

I received a * once w/o ever being told by who or why. So that kind of ticked me off.

As long as someone knows why and when it'll be taken off (as long as they're good) then I'm down with it.

For the record I have thought recently that you've been way too tough on some people.

The other day in BBV or something someone started a thread pretty much saying you were a jerk. Someone mentioned what a zoo OOT would be like if you weren't around. So that gave me a new perspective. I guess I would just like to see you use a little more tact.

/end rant

DonkeyKongSr 08-22-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

first offence: 8
2nd offence: =
3rd offence: =
4th offence: D

8==D

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going more the pencil dick route, but that would work too.

drexah 08-22-2007 02:29 PM

I'm one of the few who hasn't bitched and moan about my *, but really i think it's trivial and just pisses people off more than the good it does (if any). I got my * for asking in a LOST thread what had happened the previous 2 minutes in the episode because my doorbell rang, which had to be at least 4+ months ago.

My main issue is that if you "mess up" in OOT and get a *, it doesn't just show up when you post in OOT, but throughout the entire board.

Dids 08-22-2007 02:29 PM

The good thing about a star is that it gives real incentive not to suck, because it stays with you.

traz 08-22-2007 02:29 PM

I am not in favor of more locking. The bad threads will naturally die, and if they don't, then OOT will probably bring abouts vigiliante justice anyhow.

But I think there's too much locking as there is. Just leave a bad thread to it's fate. I don't care about the * system one way or another.