Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   KK playalong (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482579)

marvin_1935 08-20-2007 11:28 PM

Re: KK playalong

c/r turn ai

mattnxtc 08-20-2007 11:29 PM

Quit narrowing his range so much...If he has 109 we are still way ahead.

I am kinda torn on this. If you bet you will be calling a push since you would probably bet out around 20 and he can only raise 12 more.

I probably just bet the pot knowing I am calling anything anyways.

stickdude 08-20-2007 11:31 PM

Bet $18 and call a shove. With his stats, this looks a lot like QQ/JJ worried about AA/KK. If he had Aces, he would have raised somewhere before now, and he doesn't look like the kind to chase backdoor draws, which is the only draw that hit.

suited77 08-21-2007 12:14 AM

TT is definitely within his range. But if I check the river, I am calling any river bet in this spot. I would rather bet and get value then see some JJ, T9 or whatever hand check behind. Whatever we bet is an effective shove because we will have to call a less than minraise.

I just can't decide if betting 18 is sexier than just shoving

orange 08-21-2007 12:24 AM

bet turn/shove river/nh

barabe 08-21-2007 01:47 AM

Make a value bet for 10 dollars. Your opponent seems to be going with something like A 9 so far. Maybe a pocket pair, but definitly not higher then yours.

Rounder101 08-21-2007 02:15 AM

River as u said seems like a check or shove. I like shoving here
On the turn, I feel that hes agressive enough to go for a check raise rather than a bet. Also, if he was floating, which I guess wasnt the case in this hand, we give him the chance to bluff at this pot.
IMO value betting is perfect, and probably would be my approach, but it isnt a drawy board, so not much danger on checking it, which I think most likely he will fire.

klownage 08-21-2007 02:26 AM

omg betbetbetbetebt

members_only 08-21-2007 02:27 AM

You have to bet this river imo. You are going to call anything he bets, and there are not many missed draws that you could let him bluff.

Does anyone like a turn check for pot control/river value? I would have thought that villain would 3-bet a lot of worse overpairs pre-flop, and would often fold to a second barrel with T9/88 or whatever. That flop is very dry

bozzer 08-22-2007 08:41 AM

my first thought was to check behind turn. there is no value to be had against draws (because there aren't many, and they're prolly not in his range), overcards probably fold to a two barrel and we are WA/WB against the rest of his range.