Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Turning AK into a bluff again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482321)

Jay Riall 08-20-2007 05:29 PM

Re: Turning AK into a bluff again

Check turn after checking flop.

pepper123 08-20-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop, check turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bet the flop? As a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're betting the flop to protect your equity.

say he has a hand like 98s. sure, he's not calling when you're ahead, but he's also not putting more money in behind usually either, so you're just giving him a freeroll to win the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

People try to bluff me with 98s/QJ/w.e all the time when I check behind on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine if you want to call them down with ace high but Op doesn't seem to want to do that either.

Beanos 08-20-2007 05:32 PM

Can't you double barrel any J, Q, K, A, check blank. If he calls you down with small pairs you can start getting value out of medium pairs+

essence86 08-20-2007 05:32 PM

C-bet the flop. If he calls, check behind on the turn and hope to spike river.

ama0330 08-20-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is retarded for a lot of reasons, but I want to draw attention to it because when I used to play 25nl and 50nl this was the standard response. "You have AK, AK is a great hand, bet". But I would contend that versus this guys range our equity in this pot isnt so great, or at least, not great enough to make a bet a good idea, simply because you need to assign villain a lot of junk to put us ahead.

Teach me if I am wrong, but I feel like verus villains calling range we may as well have 72o if we want to bet here, because if he calls we are toast (and I feel like he calls more than he folds).

Bukem_ 08-20-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C-bet the flop. If he calls, check behind on the turn and hope to spike river.

[/ QUOTE ]

hello mr. tagfish.

ama0330 08-20-2007 05:33 PM

Or am I overthinking this [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

tarheeljks 08-20-2007 05:53 PM

i think betting the flop is fine. however by this logic if you aren't betting the flop, i don't see why you should be betting the turn

TBag 08-20-2007 06:10 PM

I say you have to bet this flop. If you're only betting this flop when you have a piece why is anyone giving you action. Granted, this is 100NL, but I still bet the flop here.

I bet the flop, check through turn, and if he bets on river I usually fold but if I think there's a good chance he's FOS (like people at 100NL often are on boards like 55392 or something) I'll call and get shown garbage very often. But who knows, maybe I'm a tagfish.

$upermad4it 08-20-2007 06:15 PM

Bet the flop for value, check behind on turn