Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK what do you do on river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482029)

bknollenberg 08-20-2007 02:16 PM

Re: KK what do you do on river?

i think he's in check call mode with a pocket pair either 77ish or even up to JJ (MAYBE QQ). if you just call the flop and the turn, he could conceivably put you on a 9, which would make the river a scare card. if he seriously just boated up or hit a third 9, he is an utter donk for just checking. OMG I HAS A BOAT I SLOWPLAY.

so you're either totally owned or dominating. ie, yesterday i had 66 on a 88J flop, went check check, turn was a 7 he checked i bet he called, river was an 8, he checked, i checked, he turned over 10 8. i cannot for the life of me understand plays like that.

so i'd vbet and fold to a big re raise.

mucksandgravs 08-20-2007 02:21 PM

check it down bro...the only play that he has is to re-raise you and that is the last decision you want to make with KK...i can't believe you just flat called both the flop and the turn though...i would have at least raised one of those streets

Jay Riall 08-20-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise somewhere before the river jebus

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop/turn line is perfectly fine imo.

jballer88 08-20-2007 02:25 PM

i bet 75 here and fold to a shove...your hand is very under repped and theres absolutely no way he thinks you have KK here and might be trying to showdown cheaply...i would probably raise the flop fwiw tho

The B 08-24-2007 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check it down bro...

[/ QUOTE ]

you flat-called the flop and turn, why would you do anything other than check 5th street?

oli1980 08-24-2007 07:50 AM

raise turn call a shove

as played i check behind. No worse hand will call you. (well at partypoker it is bet / fold)

crunchi 08-24-2007 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise somewhere before the river jebus

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop/turn line is perfectly fine imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. also bet river.

If you look at this from villains view:

1. When he has a 9 our hand usually looks like overpair or better, occasionally 77 and FD too. So why would he check here?

2. When he doesnt have a 9 our hand looks like above but he ccan now add trips to our range and its obvious he's scared shitless, so we should make a smallish bet to induce calls from TT-QQ.

Nibster 08-24-2007 09:32 AM

I raise the turn.

As played I check the river.

Borned_Luckbox1 08-24-2007 09:38 AM

Easy valuebet???

Nikademus 08-24-2007 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the turn.

As played I check the river.