Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Difficult preflop spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481122)

cts 08-19-2007 05:11 AM

Re: Difficult preflop spot

read on mossyhorn?

Caballa 08-19-2007 05:24 AM

The "call a standard raise, shove over a 3bet" move almost always screams "I have a mid pair up to JJ at best".
Everyone else in the hand can pretty much play perfectly as a result. For that reason I'd prefer a call, although I think it's better to 3bet yourself in the first place.

LucidDream 08-19-2007 05:29 AM

i mean i'd be all for shoving if the squeezer was a total idiot but vs most i think calling is best cause when stacks go in you will basically never be a favorite.

snakekilla88 08-19-2007 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold > shove > call?

[/ QUOTE ]
just in terms of preflop... i think call > fold > shove

[/ QUOTE ]
I like call>shove>fold more.

Lewkiz 08-19-2007 07:02 AM

I think it is very unlikely that someone tries a squeeze play against 3 players with the original raiser UTG. So I would put him on a strong range TT+/AK maybe AQs and if he is prepared to call your shove with this range you will be 45/55 small underdog, which is much better than I thought. Even against KK+/AK you’re still only a 40/60 underdog. With all the money that is already in the pott it is probably best to shove.

Shove > call > fold

soah 08-19-2007 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The "call a standard raise, shove over a 3bet" move almost always screams "I have a mid pair up to JJ at best".
Everyone else in the hand can pretty much play perfectly as a result. For that reason I'd prefer a call, although I think it's better to 3bet yourself in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

the "call a standard raise, overcall a standard reraise" move almost always screams "I have a mid pair up to JJ at best"

flawless_victory 08-19-2007 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No real history with wynn but basically i just have to be ahead of him....

[/ QUOTE ]
are u saying ur surely ahead of the of the UTG opener?

Caballa 08-19-2007 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the "call a standard raise, overcall a standard reraise" move almost always screams "I have a mid pair up to JJ at best"

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but is QQ+ not going to make a continuation bet on a board of 5 8 J against two callers? Given the size of the pot and stacks you're going to be called all-in regardless of how much it screams that you've probably hit a set based on your preflop call.

soah 08-19-2007 07:57 AM

I don't think he'll mind too much if we call an additional 13% of effective stacks to chase a set

FionnMac 08-19-2007 08:12 AM

Another vote for call > shove > fold