Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10/20 live, mid set facing river raise from super tight nit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480185)

Chaoslord 08-17-2007 10:36 PM

Re: 10/20 live, mid set facing river raise from super tight nit

and you think they fold their flushdraws on a paired board when u bet 1/2 pot or something? i dont.

highhustla 08-17-2007 11:11 PM

I saw the title of this thread and was like "oh, sweet, a thread in HSNL that sounds like it might actually have some hand discussion." Then I clicked on it and now that I am back from throwing up I am posting this.

IF YOU ARE SO GODDAMN SURE THE NIT HAS QQ OR 22 THEN JUST CALL AND PAT YOURSELF ON THE [censored] BACK. BLAH! but your entire line sucks

and not that it matters live, but since you know this nit then it SHOULD matter, but METAGAME: WTF other hands are you checking every street and donking this river with?

[ QUOTE ]
i call with the intention of smashing a non heart turn... turn is a 2...i check

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I'm more confused than you were when you played the hand so I'll stfu now.

jk3a 08-18-2007 01:04 AM

Why would you not raise the flop?
Why would you check the turn?

pnazari 08-18-2007 01:45 AM

wtf? push...if he has QQ head over to sundowners for some relaxation therapy.

Nick Rivers 08-18-2007 06:52 AM

If he's a true nit, then you're beat. A true nit's UTG raise range is usually something along the lines of JJ+, AK. Secondly, a true nit doesn't bet his draws, because he's a nit, and he's scared to bet draws, so that rules out AKh. Thirdly, a true nit doesn't raise into two people on the river in this spot without at least the second nuts, which is precisely what he has. So, unless you think you can bluff him off his queens full by reppin quad deuces (lol... just how nitty is he?), why make this call?

So, if you trust your read of his nittiness 100%, then you can fold. If you think there's a chance that he's not a total nit, that maybe you don't have a 100% read on him or can't be totally certain of his unrelenting tightness, that there's some chance greater than zero that he's on AKh with this line, then you can move in and cross your fingers.

As for the hand on the whole, you really could have been a little more aggressive somewhere along the way. Either check-raising the flop or leading out on the turn, or leading out much larger into the river, knowing that the fish probably just hit a flush and will call your pot+ value bet. You may have ended up just as pwnt in the end, but at least the decisions would have been easier.

FabledHero 08-18-2007 08:38 AM

Muck. It's obvious villain has QQ why? The fish just overcalled with the nut flush, meaning the villain can't have the nut flush because the fish has it, so the villain must have QQ.

Kilillan 08-18-2007 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i call with the intention of smashing a non heart turn... turn is a 2...i check

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this quote is so awesome

praios 08-18-2007 01:06 PM

call

i would raise the flop btw