Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   4betting theory (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=478993)

jd2b2006 08-16-2007 12:12 PM

Re: 4betting theory

When you guys 4 bet, do you 4 bet all in or to a smaller amount? I generally 4 bet to a smaller amount, i.e. at 200NL if I raise to 7 and get reraised to 24, I will 4 ball it to 64. I believe this can make it look like you have AA/KK more and additionally will make villain either push or fold preflop. Because of this I only 4 bet a hand I either know I am felting or will fold quickly.

Poker_is_Hard 08-16-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you guys 4 bet, do you 4 bet all in or to a smaller amount? I generally 4 bet to a smaller amount, i.e. at 200NL if I raise to 7 and get reraised to 24, I will 4 ball it to 64. I believe this can make it look like you have AA/KK more and additionally will make villain either push or fold preflop. Because of this I only 4 bet a hand I either know I am felting or will fold quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe 4beting and folding to a push is -EV in the long term.

SonOfWestwood 08-16-2007 12:20 PM

So then, assuming 100 BB stacks, for those of you who don't shove on their 4 bet, is it auto AI on the flop? It's what I do, but I don't know if it's good.

BGnight 08-16-2007 12:23 PM

Jay Cutler will break his leg against the Raiders

Poker_is_Hard 08-16-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jay Cutler will break his leg against the Raiders

[/ QUOTE ]
Can the Raiders call themselves an NFL football team?

jd2b2006 08-16-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because?

FishSticks 08-16-2007 12:39 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you like the RAIDERS

bwahahahahahahahahahaha in your face hahahah

el oh freakin el!

(I've had Bills seasons for many years [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )

carrotsnake 08-16-2007 12:41 PM

Cutler is awful, lol. And umm, notice how different people do different things ? You said it in your OP. Figure out what works for -your- particular game. Jam is a very laggy player, others are very nitty. It has to be in tune with how you want to play, with what variance you want to deal with, and where you are in position

BGnight 08-16-2007 01:12 PM

I never 4bet bluff anymore. I always seem to get pushed on when i do. I 4bet KK,AA in pos or OOP if I'm feeling nitty and don't want to be tricky. I will 4bet AK,TT+,AQ call a shove OOP if villian is a chronic 3bettor.

Poker_is_Hard 08-16-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because?

[/ QUOTE ]
basically just math.

100BB....

raise to 4BB

get 3bet to 12BB

4bet to 36BB

Get shoved on for 100BB.

What range do you fold 64BB into a 136BB pot?

You are getting over 2-1 on your money here. So you need ~35% equity against his/her range.

Of course there are always unique situations that may come up, but I think overall you cannot put a person on a tight enough range to fold any hand you were willing to 4bet when getting ~2-1 on your money preflop.