Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The New York Back Raise...25/50 Live (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=478012)

MDMA 08-15-2007 10:04 AM

Re: The New York Back Raise...25/50 Live

I predict the results; hero called and lost to AA, KK or AK.

BobboFitos 08-15-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict the results; hero called and lost to AA, KK or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
mdma, you should be a fortune teller

dlpnyc21 08-15-2007 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when i was a relatively inexperienced bigger live NL player, I fell for the backraise a few times, and shoved random stuff in pretty much the same spot as the kid here (though giving worse odds on the call) because I didn't buy it. Each time I was shown a big pair. So I'd stack off here, he's probably just confused.

But i'd give him more rope in the first place probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one problem is how many people he has to shove against. He has literally 3 other callers between me and him, so when he shoves v. my back raise, he has to assume his hand is good enough to beat all 3 other hands, including my hand. Is this any consideration to a fold? When I raised, I decided I would be best off folding to a shove (because of the reason stated above), but when I chose the amount, I laid myself such a sick price that I had to call.

dlpnyc21 08-15-2007 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how would you have played the 97ss dave..i gave up on the river..i bet the flop incase he floats with kings and the 5 on the turn makes a full for both of us but i most likely have an ace if i bet the turn but im not sure what do u think

[/ QUOTE ]

I would give up after you get called on that flop. He is never folding if he calls the flop.

dlpnyc21 08-15-2007 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and btw what did u have in the hand where it was 8jk with 2 diamonds cause i had 87 where the dude on ur left made a 1k donk bet and u called and i made it 4k

[/ QUOTE ]

I had A10dd.

AcidKnight 08-15-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The one problem is how many people he has to shove against. He has literally 3 other callers between me and him, so when he shoves v. my back raise, he has to assume his hand is good enough to beat all 3 other hands, including my hand. Is this any consideration to a fold? When I raised, I decided I would be best off folding to a shove (because of the reason stated above), but when I chose the amount, I laid myself such a sick price that I had to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that the players inbetween, given the action, must be a non-consideration as far as he's concerned. The original opener who made it $400 is the only slightly remote possibility that he has to worry about, and after he flat calls the orginal button reraise to $1500 after the players inbetween come along, he almost never has a hand to stack off with.

He shoves only worrying about action from your hand and he knows it. None of the other players are ever coming along here.

IRIVERU 08-15-2007 10:59 AM

u dont think he might float with 10's or something and then give up if i bet the turn when the 5 hits

IRIVERU 08-15-2007 11:00 AM

how do u do in this game btw..are u one of the biggest winners?

dlpnyc21 08-15-2007 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u dont think he might float with 10's or something and then give up if i bet the turn when the 5 hits

[/ QUOTE ]

not that particular player. v. other players at the table, i would double and triple barrel.

IRIVERU 08-15-2007 11:30 AM

im guessing ur staying up all day as well