Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   big wager vs me gaining 20lbs- curious (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476746)

shemp 08-13-2007 10:24 PM

Re: big wager vs me gaining 20lbs- curious

If he can add 5% bodyfat that still works out to 8-9 pounds of muscle gain. It gets harder the stricter the bodyfat requirement and depending where he is now, obv.

GooseHinson 08-13-2007 10:51 PM

Does water count as bodyfat? Because he can add 7-8 pounds of that, doesn't really make you look any worse. 10Lbs of LBM, 6-7 of water and 3-4Lbs of fat and he'll look great if he's been going hard at the gym for 3 months.

Thremp 08-13-2007 11:44 PM

6-7 lbs of water is a [censored] ton. Does everyone dehydrate the crap out of themselves before they start creatine cycles or what?

GooseHinson 08-14-2007 04:30 AM

Maybe it's just me, my body doesn't retain water unless I'm on the stuff. First 4-5 days on it I gain 5lbs, 4-5 days off it and I lose 5. I thought that was normally the case.

Alobar 08-14-2007 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6-7 lbs of water is a [censored] ton. Does everyone dehydrate the crap out of themselves before they start creatine cycles or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

A gallon is 8 pounds I beleive, yeah thats a lot of water, but its not undrinkable.

I think this bet would be pretty easy if your only stipulation is you must keep a 6 pack.

It's practically stealing if there is an official weigh in at the beginning that you can drop weight for.

Thremp 08-14-2007 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A gallon is 8 pounds I beleive, yeah thats a lot of water, but its not undrinkable.

I think this bet would be pretty easy if your only stipulation is you must keep a 6 pack.

It's practically stealing if there is an official weigh in at the beginning that you can drop weight for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an ezpz bet for adjusting weight levels through food/liquid.

Impossible otherwise.

shemp 08-14-2007 11:35 AM

The weight gain, loss, and bodyfat knowledge of folks with some body building experience amazes me-- or when you combine a little of that with the experiences of a former wrestler... It's all very foreign to me. I find it interesting, but at the same time I'm quite content in my ignorance. I think that when I was younger and particularly fit that simply gaining 20 pounds would have taken a huge commitment.

geormiet 08-14-2007 07:35 PM

I'm 5 11, i was at 155 in april. I joined a gym, got a trainer. I lifted about 3-4 times a week, and (tried to) eat a 3500 cal/day diet. My workouts were pretty strenuous. Anyway, I'm up to almost 170 right now, 10lbs of which is muscle. ANyway i think its possible, but you have to work really hard.

SmileyEH 08-14-2007 08:17 PM

Seriously just juice like mad and write a trip report.