Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   hero call with mid pair in 3 bet pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476146)

Matte_Maiden 08-13-2007 08:37 AM

Re: hero call with mid pair in 3 bet pot

Without a really good read this must be a easy fold. You are either drawing almost dead or just ahead by little.

Fabian 08-13-2007 08:46 AM

I could see him do this with almost any pocket pair (some bluffs and some value bets obviously) and a lot of overcard draw combos. Not very helpful since I just named pretty much every hand he could have.

Anyway I would call this often. If I had any kind of read on him as being a good player or some history I might snap call. Nothing but datamined stats doesn't help me much. I think it's really close here and can't really decide what I'd do the first time without history.

Praetor 08-13-2007 09:19 AM

i would fold

Josh. 08-13-2007 09:31 AM

if someone is giving you so much action that you feel you want to call off your stack on the turn with a pair of 8s and 2 outs to improve, then maybe you don't need to be 3-betting him with 86s. i am not suggesting that i think 3-betting is necessarily wrong. but it shows an inconsistency in your thought process vs this guy.

Go_Blue88 08-13-2007 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that the turn paired makes it a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. if anything, the turn pairing makes this a call.

Josh. 08-13-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that the turn paired makes it a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. if anything, the turn pairing makes this a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm no...

Go_Blue88 08-13-2007 10:25 AM

Why? Villain's hand range is smaller now

Josh. 08-13-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? Villain's hand range is smaller now

[/ QUOTE ]

since when does a deuce pairing dramatically alter someone's range in a 3-bet pot?

Go_Blue88 08-13-2007 10:31 AM

i was thinking 22 is no longer a possibility, and now we have information in deciding if our opponent would play a fullhouse like this.

Josh. 08-13-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking 22 is no longer a possibility, and now we have information in deciding if our opponent would play a fullhouse like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many people call 3-bets on the button with 22? it's a miniscule part of his range even if you know he calls any pocket pair preflop. and it went from 3 combos to 1, so it's not a dramatic change at all. what does matter is he went from max 5 outs if behind to max 2 outs