Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The [censored] is with my pool? Elec engineers pls! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=473775)

Anacardo 08-09-2007 11:17 PM

Re: The [censored] is with my pool? Elec engineers pls!

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a shed/workshop/detached garage/anything connected to the main house with underground power?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an outlet on the deck.

Borodog 08-09-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a shed/workshop/detached garage/anything connected to the main house with underground power?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the cable go underground anywhere?

ncboiler 08-09-2007 11:20 PM

If you really want to get it fixed just call an electrician. You don't need an Electrical Engineer for this.

Anacardo 08-09-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll get back to you on that.

wet work 08-09-2007 11:23 PM

LOL @ needing an electrical engineer. I'm pretty sure ANY competent electrician could diagnose and fix this. Probably something you should get checked out and fixed. If I was buying a house with a pool I'd make sure the home inspector had a look at it.

IggyWH 08-09-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll get back to you on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come I have the feeling that you'll be tasting metal and seeing stars very soon?

AquaSwing 08-09-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to get it fixed just call an electrician. You don't need an Electrical Engineer for this.

[/ QUOTE ]
In fact, an electrical engineer is the last person you want trying to figure this out. One thing people don't know about EE's is they didn't learn crap about house wiring in school. They sure can tell you the about field created by the magnet in the speaker and why it hoses the TV picture when put next to it, but when it comes to practical crap like what color the hot wire is in a house, they're lost.

ncboiler 08-09-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In fact, an electrical engineer is the last person you want trying to figure this out. One thing people don't know about EE's is they didn't learn crap about house wiring in school. They sure can tell you the about field created by the magnet in the speaker and why it hoses the TV picture when put next to it, but when it comes to practical crap like what color the hot wire is in a house, they're lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true at all. An EE may have some fun and monster house the fix but he or she would fix it and have no problem doing so. I would venture to say that on the list of people you want to fix it EE's are above Walmart cashiers and decrepit, schitzo, cleaning ladies. They are far from the last person you would want.

highhustla 08-09-2007 11:37 PM

ahahaahah the last 2 replies are very goot

ncboiler 08-09-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ahahaahah the last 2 replies are very goot

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understood my point.