Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Playing in retardland... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=471977)

True 08-07-2007 10:50 PM

Re: Playing in retardland...

6 combos AK, 1 AA, 3 KK. you beat like loads of retardo hands, A-xs (i know you split but you also have 10% to improve vs them so it's 60/40 not 50/50) and like TT JJ QQ trying to get you off a king.

Pasterbator 08-07-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno, i just felt that villain is either making a retarded bluff, were chopping or i'm [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to poker?

Irish Mafia 08-07-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you got disconnected right? thats why your cards folded right? yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

That, or the fact that a villain who raises only 8% of his hands, just mini-raised us pf. Sometimes this is crap, but a LOT of the time fish do this with a monster. And when he followed it up by firing two barrels (what is his AF?) I don't think its a terrible fold. How often would this guy fire the river w/ nothing?

ikestoys 08-07-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6 combos AK, 1 AA, 3 KK. you beat like loads of retardo hands, A-xs (i know you split but you also have 10% to improve vs them so it's 60/40 not 50/50) and like TT JJ QQ trying to get you off a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain plays TT JJ QQ like this never

True 08-07-2007 10:55 PM

imo guy doesn't have AK, he has JJ-AA and his range of JJ/QQ (9) vs AAKK (4) makes this a call... even discounting JJ/QQ like almost 75% this is still a call and counting 100% of AA/KK.

True 08-07-2007 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is villain specific then....

a lot of villains never play AA/KK/AK like this.

ikestoys 08-07-2007 10:58 PM

why can't villain have AK?

True 08-07-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why can't villain have AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop cuts it down significantly, most people want to win the pot preflop with AK or will try and trap/slowplay (call).

It can be AK, it can be 23o, but from my experience it generally isn't either.

ikestoys 08-07-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is villain specific then....

a lot of villains never play AA/KK/AK like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically saying villain isn't going to make a zero value bet on the turn, i don't see why i can't make this assumption

Irish Mafia 08-07-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo guy doesn't have AK, he has JJ-AA and his range of JJ/QQ (9) vs AAKK (4) makes this a call... even discounting JJ/QQ like almost 75% this is still a call and counting 100% of AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is villain firing the turn w/ JJ/QQ?