Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO 100: big weak draw on flop in multiway raised pot - lots of action (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=471260)

DonCologne 08-07-2007 10:08 AM

Re: PLO 100: big weak draw on flop in multiway raised pot - lots of ac

It is one of the easier folds in PLO.

Silent A 08-07-2007 11:19 AM

OK. I was ready to consider making the call/push against UTG+1 and MP1 but after the re-raise from Button I bailed. AA85ss in spades we (almost) all agree would be an obvious call.

As it was, UTG+1 called and it came off suit K and 4. Button wins with A245.

My first thought was, "damn, but I made a good fold". But when I checked the HH, UTG+1 had 33xx and MP1 had KKxx. Not a single spade among them, and no redraws to a higher straight. So I was a large equity favourite (about 43% in what would have been a 3.25 way pot). I was pretty sure this was just a fluke, but after the QQxxds thread I started to wonder if anyone was prepared to push this.

As for the "how high a pair question", again I really meant how high a flush draw if it took the form of an overpair. I was not thinking of it as an extra 2 puts (maybe an extra 0.5).

As for the misclick misrepresentation ... yeah, I'm not proud of it either but, what can I say, late at night it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Silent A 08-07-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOLOL. That's pretty bad when you're so ashamed of your PF call that you have to pawn it off as a misclick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not ashamed really, but torn enough about it that I felt it would be a distraction from what I was mostly interested in. Plus, people don't tend to listen to "don't comment on pre-flop please".

In hindsight, I should have left it alone. I'm far more ashamed about the "misclick" now than the actual call.

RichGangi 08-07-2007 12:39 PM

Re: PLO 100: big weak draw on flop in multiway raised pot - lots of action

Are you serious? Fold immediately.

RichGangi 08-07-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold and I wouldn't tell you to fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, it wasn't a misclick, but it was the best way I could think of deflecting that annoying comment.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Aisthesis 08-07-2007 04:45 PM

Well, I at least see what happened. UTG+1 figured he had MP1 (who is obviously a moron) beat, and button read that correctly, hence pushing naked straight to get people like you out with their flush draws.

I still think it's too risky for full stacks. It just makes the call really easy if you do have the nut flush draw there (against more sane opponents, I don't view even that call as completely obvious).

Anyhow, as someone else pointed out, with the actual hand, you run a very high risk of drawing to 6 outs or probably just 5 (since surely one of your straightening cards is in someone else's hand). There are better spots to play for a full stack imo.

Silent A 08-07-2007 04:56 PM

Yeah, that's my standard thinking too. But I get the occasional worry that I'm too nitty.

Maybe this hand wasn't the best way to find out.