Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   KQo in BB--standard action? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=468321)

ssnyc 08-03-2007 10:55 AM

Re: KQo in BB--standard action?

sonofD..if we cold call in hand 2 are we letting the third player in cheap?

SonofDjugashvili 08-03-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sonofD..if we cold call in hand 2 are we letting the third player in cheap?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said "at least call" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I probably RR, and get shown AA. Really, if you can see into his soul and know it's AA, you can get away from it. Otherwise, I think you go broke.

black666 08-03-2007 11:07 AM

hand 1: against a passive player I will usually fold .. this huge overbet looks so much like "OMGZ I finally flopped the nuts..now go pay me off..OMGZ, I'm gonna double up". Normally though the shove is a single diamond, so I would call with enough money in the pot and decent pot odds

hand 2: I would put villain on KK+,AK and I've even seen people do this even with QQ,JJ. You are a favorite against that range, so re-raise and call any shove. You lost against AA busted a couple hands later and loaded another tourney...

valenzuela 08-03-2007 11:10 AM

Hand 1: I think we are looking at A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] a lot here, I would call and take the small edge.
Hand 2: The limp-min reraise is scary, folding KK is awful here, its better to call and go for the set. I may also consider calling a flop bet and fold the turn if he fires yet again. Btw if the flop bet is 200 then defenetly call.

edit: Buyin is kinda important for hand 2.

valenzuela 08-03-2007 11:16 AM

Aparently my hand 2 line is different than the lines proposed by other posters.
Btw even if it sometimes done with QQ and even JJ, its done much more often by AA, youre much more likely to run into AA than QQ or JJ, KK is not exactly a 4.5 to 1 underdog against villain range Im guessing more like 2.5 to 1 or soemthing but to say that KK is 3 to 2 favourite against villain range is flat out wrong IMO

SonofDjugashvili 08-03-2007 11:28 AM

I can't believe people who want to call ~1700 into a pot of 180 with TPGK and a flush board. Seriously. If the guy is a donk, there are better spots to take his chips.

ssnyc 08-03-2007 12:05 PM

yeah...don't get why people want to guess so early and hope that they aren't even drawing dead...it's QK for gods sake...lay poker rather than gamble for such a tiny pot

valenzuela 08-03-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah...don't get why people want to guess so early and hope that they aren't even drawing dead...it's QK for gods sake...lay poker rather than gamble for such a tiny pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting a player on a hand figuring out the equity your hand has and youre pot odds is playing poker as far as im concerned

SonofDjugashvili 08-03-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting a player on a hand figuring out the equity your hand has and youre pot odds is playing poker as far as im concerned

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are putting him on A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X (maybe it wasn't you, but someone else advocating a call), he has 12 outs, and you are flipping a quarter. If the X is one of the board cards, you are a dog. Sorry, but I don't flip coins against random noobs for stacks.

valenzuela 08-03-2007 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are putting him on A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X (maybe it wasn't you, but someone else advocating a call), he has 12 outs, and you are flipping a quarter. If the X is one of the board cards, you are a dog. Sorry, but I don't flip coins against random noobs for stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well but I do.