Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Day 4, WSOP ME bustout hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467668)

cking 08-02-2007 05:01 PM

Re: Day 4, WSOP ME bustout hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
someone stole an old guy's skin and wore it

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes that was my read that some young LAGGY internet player stole an old guys skin. Goodnews is he busted when the table was moved to the feature table so i get to see what genius play busted him from the ME

betgo 08-02-2007 05:34 PM

This is definately a disguised BBV post.

Anyone who makes it to day 4 may know how to do a squeeze play.

Didn't Doyle Brunson bust out of the WPT Championship restealing with Q8o against JJ.

nath 08-02-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is definately a disguised BBV post.

Didn't Doyle Brunson bust out of the WPT Championship restealing with Q8o against JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah and Ted Forrest made that insane AJ call, still one of my favorite plays

EC10 08-02-2007 07:07 PM

WTF!? live old guys squeeze?

mlagoo 08-02-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF!? live old guys squeeze?

[/ QUOTE ]

dozens of dollars, dozens of dollars!

woodguy 08-02-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I am 0-3 for making it to day 4, I have to doubt this postulation.

Blah.

timex 08-02-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BAN!

betgo 08-03-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BAN!

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine BAN! anyone who disagrees with you. I gave the example of Brunson restealing with Q8o to imply that you can't assume someone only reraises big pairs based on age. If you were seated with Doyle, you wouldn't think, "oh, an old nit".

There are a lot of strong players who in the ME. By day 4, the field in general is probably atleast 1/3 professional players.

In the ME, you have plenty of time to get a read on people's style of play. That is why I asked how the old guy had been playing.

You can't assume every old guy is an ABC nit. Plus, I good TAG player could exploit his image and age to make plays like this.

freehat 08-03-2007 11:37 AM

I was at your table for this hand and was kinda suprised when it took you so long to move in with JJ, it seemed like a really easy shove at the time, but i guess you didn't know that the old guy wasn't a typical old live guy.

Todd Terry 08-03-2007 12:31 PM

This is a must call against any range, plus the possibility of a squeeze makes it even more of a call.

This seems like a good time for my JJ vs. a squeeze story from the Main Event. Foreign guy in his 30's (Villain) just got moved to my table at the end of Day 1. He hasn't seen me show down the worst cards imaginable all day long, only hand he's seen me play (out of a total of 10 hands or so) was a monster pot I won where I had QQ. I have 80K, he has 30K, blinds are 400/800 I think. I raise to 2K UTG, MP calls, Villain raises to 8K in the SB, BB folds, I instantly shove because I'm including the strong possibility of a squeeze. MP folds, Villain thinks forever and folds KK face up.