Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Am I getting leveled by the ESPN article? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467133)

Jack of Arcades 08-02-2007 09:35 AM

Re: Am I getting leveled by the ESPN article?

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that this list doesn't include Fred Taylor as top 50 to get in the HoF it's a joke. He will rush for 10,000 yards this season, only 21 other backs have done it before.

Oh and Strahan not being a top 10 is a joke as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's never been in the top 5 in rushing yards, and has only been top 10 four times.

No real post-season success, no pro-bowl appearances, and he's only got 300 carries once in his career.

FlyWf 08-02-2007 10:03 AM

This article and thread are good reasons why the NFL HOF is a complete joke.

miajag 08-02-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow no troy brown. travesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

VarlosZ 08-02-2007 01:09 PM

Ty Law, who is a pretty much a mortal lock, is #35. Shawne Merriman, who will probably not make it, is #21. I did like seeing Larry Allen all the way up at #4.

Also, I am dumber for having looked at this list. Please don't link to stuff like this in the future.

Butcho22 08-02-2007 01:13 PM

"But last season's broken collarbone was a fluke, and with his sturdy 6-foot-1½, 217-pound frame, there's no reason to assume he won't stay healthy."

lol

MEbenhoe 08-02-2007 01:15 PM

I think the most shocking thing about this list is that ESPN didn't rank Reggie Bush as the greatest football player ever and claim that he's already earned a guaranteed spot in the hall of fame.

Vyse 08-02-2007 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the most shocking thing about this list is that ESPN didn't rank Reggie Bush as the greatest football player ever and claim that he's already earned a guaranteed spot in the hall of fame.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the Hall of FAME, man. And who's more famous than REGGIE BUSH?

mason55 08-02-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the Hall of FAME, man. And who's more famous than REGGIE BUSH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if they wanted it to be the Hall of NUMBERS they'd call it the Hall of NUMBERS.

Stupid eggy stathead eggheads

onlinebeginner 08-02-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its a pretty stupid list. Antonio Gates is ranked several spots above Randy Moss. Calvin Johnson and Vince Young are on there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

(after reading 1-10) Lemme guess, Randy Moss loses big-time on "intangibles."

(after reading Randy Moss's entry) Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean he's not saying how he would vote... he's saying who's most likely to make the HOF.... people that vote do vote on intangibles... it isn't a list of who should be in, it's who will.... I don't think it's THAT bad

eh i just saw reggie bush above ty law f this list

mason55 08-02-2007 01:42 PM

also, it's funny how you can pull up espn.com in the morning and predict which articles will be on 2p2 by the after noon. i think a long time poster could bat .900 without a problem.