Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Schneids Video: Bluff and Loose Turn Call? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464317)

Victor 07-30-2007 11:36 AM

Re: Schneids Video: Bluff and Loose Turn Call?

awesome. you and dean should start a brand. how to play like an overagg idiot and get bailed out by the deck.

gaming_mouse 07-30-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome. you and dean should start a brand. how to play like an overagg idiot and get bailed out by the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Victor,

your thoughts on this hand?

Victor 07-30-2007 12:01 PM

my thoughts are that i am always the guy with fckn tt here.

jstill 07-30-2007 12:11 PM

y raise the turn with TT here? just curious, seems like u lose worse hands and better hands never fold

baronzeus 07-30-2007 12:12 PM

if you don't see why this is a good flop c/r maybe you are missing out on a key LHE concept?

the question is the freq to bet the turn when called on the flop, which is entirely oppt. dependent.

gaming_mouse 07-30-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you don't see why this is a good flop c/r maybe you are missing out on a key LHE concept?

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop c/r didnt confuse me at all, though I did ask what people thought the right frequency for the move was on this kind of board (no one has answered that yet).

In your response, referring to the flop c/r I believe, you said: this isnt standard by any means, i do this a lot but i also check call a lot. i fold approximately never on the flop

Then I asked you what your plan is after you c/c the flop. I wasn't implying it was a bad play... was just curious how you plan to proceed.

Thanks,
gm

Megabear 07-30-2007 12:57 PM

what i wanna know:

What do you do if your villain here , and have a marginal hand. Like a very weak pair, weak ace etc... And you know hero is able of making these CR plays with very weak hands himself.

?

gaming_mouse 07-30-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what i wanna know:

What do you do if your villain here , and have a marginal hand. Like a very weak pair, weak ace etc... And you know hero is able of making these CR plays with very weak hands himself.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calldown

Entity 07-30-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a great board for villain to float in pos. and raise any turn card, therefore Schneids has to give himself some pair outs. I am surprised he didn't 3 bet the turn though, I think that's the play.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

On a double broadway board I think you'll see too many either legit hands or hands that were stupid to raise the turn that now realize they've picked up outs and have to call the 3bet. So you're committing yourself to a 4BB bluff when you do this and I think the risk:reward ratio isn't nearly good enough to do that.

Rob

baronzeus 07-30-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised he didn't 3 bet the turn though, I think that's the play.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

el
oh
el