Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Are micro limits harder to play than medium or high stakes? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=463855)

clerkie 07-29-2007 04:17 PM

Re: Are micro limits harder to play than medium or high stakes?

yep, you're right.
there's a lot more abc poker in lower stakes.
2/4 is far more easier than 25/50, believe.

Jay Riall 07-29-2007 04:18 PM

I am willing to overlook your retarded question because of the [censored] awesomeness that is your avatar.

Jiganti 07-29-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to overlook your retarded question because of the [censored] awesomeness that is your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not willing to overlook it and I'll flame you for it. OP you suck if you can beat 5000nl but not 10nl then consider killing yourself, but I permit you to continue sucking here as long as you keep that avatar.

AHoboOnFire 07-29-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at least you have a good avatar

[/ QUOTE ]

jfreels 07-29-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was just wondering, because it seems like the standard continuation bet never work at the micro limit. However, it works ~75% of the time in medium limits.

So is it easier to play solid poker in the medium stakes than micro limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

pearl6 07-29-2007 04:36 PM

greggg230 07-29-2007 04:49 PM

lower stakes are higher variance, since people will be hard to read and often get all the money in when hand values run closer together (i.e. AA vs TT on pre-flop is a closer race than AA vs TT on a flop that didn't improve either)

however the players suck so your winrate will be higher

Speedlimits 07-29-2007 04:52 PM

YEAH MAN 5/10NL = .5/1NL I MADE A POST ON THIS ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

bsheck 07-29-2007 04:56 PM

Micro limits are tougher because the players fold less often. It's hard to beat a player that never folds. At the higher stakes, you can just use metagame and put your opponent putting you putting them on a hand and rake in the dough.

greggg230 07-29-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Micro limits are tougher because the players fold less often. It's hard to beat a player that never folds. At the higher stakes, you can just use metagame and put your opponent putting you putting them on a hand and rake in the dough.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear the reason high stakes are so easy is because the players are so good that they pretty much always fold