Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   4 large bets (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=459985)

Hince 07-25-2007 12:15 AM

Re: 4 large bets

Hand 1, I pretty much hate. I get called in these spots all day when I actually have a straight by all kinds of pairs.

Hand 2, I don't think he folds much.

Hand 3 is pretty standard for me.

Hand 4, is fine sometimes.

bilbo-san 07-25-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty important point I forgot. In hand 1, he started with like $50 and has worked it up to a full stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did he get it?

Usually they get stacks like this because they have no fold button and people keep bluffing at them with bottom pair [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Isura 07-25-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty important point I forgot. In hand 1, he started with like $50 and has worked it up to a full stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did he get it?

Usually they get stacks like this because they have no fold button and people keep bluffing at them with bottom pair [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But I have found that fish even tighten up a bit once they are up. This always to me HU, I bluff them and then the donkeys start playing better. So I actually think that him being up will make him fold some marginal hands.

orange 07-25-2007 12:24 AM

1- If he isn't that great and can't really handread then looks okay I guess. Given PF though I can't really see too many T/5 in your range. If I were villan I would call with 2p+ most times (if I didn't c/r ai on the flop). However, its a scary enough board where I think you can get folds from hands like JJ+.

2: Okay, but I think that he's calling with a J alot.

3: yep, not bad. thoughts on a turn shove?

4: people dont really overbet shove bluff as much so i guess fine. i think you'll get plenty of folds from the A7/89/etc type of hands that villan has.

BGnight 07-25-2007 02:08 AM

Hand 2 I don't like cuz "he doesn't seem good". Thus he'll call w/ a J a lot.

NoahSD 07-25-2007 03:18 AM

Wow.

1: Check back flop.. give up turn.
2: Your flop raise size is really bad. Not only is it too small to have legit FE, it's too small to have legit FE and it makes stacks suck for you on the turn, so it functions pretty horribly as a play to show strength on the flop to take it on the turn.
3: This is such a [censored] spot for a bluff.
4: This is way too big of an overbet. in fact, this is a bad spot for an overbet. It's a good spot for a bet of like 55-60. The turn is an obvious check.

You put them in correct order, incidentally, 1 > 2 > 3 > 4. Someone could probably argue that 2 > 1. All are bad enough to represent major holes in your thought process.

Mossberg 07-25-2007 03:41 AM

Yeah, I agree with NoahSD on all points. I can't believe everyone in here showing support for these hands when I was sitting here thinking "omg wtf".

Fat Nicky 07-25-2007 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree with NoahSD. I can't believe everyone in here showing support for these hands when I was sitting here thinking "omg wtf".

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone w/200 posts, or FGators or something posted these hands...they would get seriously flamed.

NoahSD 07-25-2007 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think 1 and 2 are most interesting. 3 is kinda standard as long as you would play a set+ like this (I would sometimes). 4 is meh, it is +EV, but more than anything good for metagame [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nonoonoooonoononononono.

loosbastard 07-25-2007 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if someone w/200 posts, or FGators or something posted these hands...they would get seriously flamed.

[/ QUOTE ]