Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Maybe standard 100r hand. Flop line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=457697)

Clayton 07-22-2007 10:24 PM

Re: Maybe standard 100r hand. Flop line?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said earlier I'm pretty sure against this guy this is KK+ so so much that getting away from the hand is quite reasonable, but I never actually do. If he reraised you though you should beat him into the pot so fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry did you just say the only hands he calls a standard raise in the CO with are KK and AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, god why do people act this goofy

NoahSD 07-22-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said earlier I'm pretty sure against this guy this is KK+ so so much that getting away from the hand is quite reasonable, but I never actually do. If he reraised you though you should beat him into the pot so fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry did you just say the only hands he calls a standard raise in the CO with are KK and AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note stack sizes man. Calling here's kinda weird.

fnurt 07-22-2007 10:55 PM

This strikes me as kind of a third level situation. I mean, yes, there's nothing he should be calling with here that doesn't have you crushed. The question is whether he knows you well enough to know that he can push you off a hand by taking this line with some other hand.

If you're unknown to him, or if he would have no reason to think you're capable of a big laydown, then yeah, you can probably give him credit for a monster here. I readily acknowledge that this is easier said than done.

NHFunkii 07-22-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with this guy a few times and I think this might be true (with this stack size obviously)

that said I'd probably bet/call

ActionJeff 07-22-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

basically yeah

stevepa 07-22-2007 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with this guy a few times and I think this might be true (with this stack size obviously)

that said I'd probably bet/call

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so too, so I checked, told myself to fold, shoved over his bet, and somehow didn't get shown AA!?!?!? KK good

edit: so so many people, even those who resteal a lot, have ranges of KK+ when they cold call here

bigbabyjesus 07-23-2007 12:12 AM

This is def the standard for alot of 100r regualrs to cold call aa/kk here, given a tight player raised utg and a reraise from them will define their hands to a very small range

i would still bet/call here because its such a tough play to put him on just that but it's possible to fold

imabigdeal 07-23-2007 12:33 AM

i'm just saying, although it does seem suspicious to cold call with that stack, it is obv possible for him to have more than hands than ONLY KK or AA. but it seems like you just had THAT feeling... we all get it... it is such a tough fold though.

stevepa 07-23-2007 12:45 AM

I almost posted it with me check-folding the flop...should've stuck with that to get more discussion

nath 07-23-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost posted it with me check-folding the flop...should've stuck with that to get more discussion

[/ QUOTE ]
I really wish I had the discipline to do this when people flat-called raises for 15-20% of their stack