Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ATs vs. TAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455117)

carrotsnake 07-19-2007 12:54 PM

Re: ATs vs. TAG

... fold river ??? Play it like a wuss ??? Yes, we're 200 BBs deep here, but I'm so confused why everyone wants to play this so softly. You do realize we have 2 pair with position right ?

CaptUnlucky 07-19-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... fold river ??? Play it like a wuss ??? Yes, we're 200 BBs deep here, but I'm so confused why everyone wants to play this so softly. You do realize we have 2 pair with position right ?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put villain on that will call that we beat?

Jay Riall 07-19-2007 12:57 PM

I agree with Carrot. I'm not wanting to play this hand softly, but I think a flop call is best. I wouldn't be looking to fold river tbh.

relativity_x 07-19-2007 12:57 PM

I'd call flop, call/check turn, call/bet river.

Casper05 07-19-2007 12:57 PM

If I'm calling its gonna go something like this: call/call/call. I prob raise the flop.

Jay Riall 07-19-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call flop, call/check turn, call/bet river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, please don't check this turn behind if he checks it.

Nick Royale 07-19-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
When I'm saying I'll fold the river to a big bet, I don't mean I'm folding the river to 2/3ish bet. I fold if he keep bettng close to pot on the river and turn though. There's really no reason to believe a unknown 200nl-tag keeps betting this big with a worse hand without any history.

Our hands relative value on this board vs a tag betting big isn't as great as you think, change the board to ATx and we obv have a monster. I guess you're used playing with a laggy image though, that changes things a lot.

Noam Chomsky 07-19-2007 01:15 PM

With position I kind of like to go raise/check/call or value bet.

I raise such a wide range on the flop with position that'd be pretty bad for me not to be raising here most of the time.

It's a pretty transparent line but nobody knows how to c/r bluff the river very well ime and you almost always get two streets of value out of AQ/AJ, as opposed to having those hands c/f the turn.

rapidacid 07-19-2007 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm calling its gonna go something like this: call/call/call. I prob raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling / betting every street that a J or Q doesn't hit ...

Nick Royale 07-19-2007 01:26 PM

To all saying call, call, call.

Turn and river bricks. Villain bets 115 in 130, you call? Personally I call ~95 or less. Calling a big bet on the river vs an unknown tag is bad imo. He's almost never bluffing 3 streets in a row on this board and I doubt he's valuebetting this big with a worse hand. Keep in mind villain raised from UTG, there's not a ton of possible lower Ax two pair combos.