Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454630)

neil705 07-19-2007 12:23 AM

Re: OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live?

[ QUOTE ]
i once did the opposite. tail end of a realllllly loooooong session. i bluff the river, and get called. say, i was bluffing, but throw over my cards, only to show the nut flush.

everyone looks at my cards, then look at me like i'm an idiot, mostly cause i am. i rack up and leave, realizing i'm too tired to even see my own cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh not so bad wish it went that way

pariah8 07-19-2007 12:47 AM

That happened to a friend at a tournament we played in. We both made it to the final table and I woke up to KK, I raised he called. Flop was nothing above a ten we got it in I turn up KK, he goes "I gotcha ya biatch" and tables A4. I go "What?" He looks down at the cards looks at me looks back at the cards and says '[censored].'

I ended up winning the tournament.

pktsfullofhope 07-19-2007 12:53 AM

one time I got all in with AK and some idiot called me with QQ and I didn't hit. I freaked out and tried to choke him. That's the last beat I took.....I feel terrible about it and I haven't played poker or come out of my room ever since.

EddieMonies 07-19-2007 12:57 AM

I called all in on the turn once in a home game for 800 dollars with the ''nut flush''. Only to realize seconds later that I just had an ace of clubs and a 10 of spades.. whoops.

SecretOfMana 07-19-2007 01:02 AM

I did it once, I thought I had a gut shot with 5 7 suited not realizing I had a flush draw on flop, I call flop + turn bet only flip over 7 high (cus I'm first to act)... flush... I didnt realize it until the pot started moving my way....

rebuyboy 07-19-2007 01:51 AM

one time time a tagfish called 3 barrels with 56s on a 57T 2 A board. i thought i had AQ but had KQ and looked dumb on river

Diamond Lie 07-19-2007 01:54 AM

Glad I am not the only one who has done this. Has only happened to me twice thus far, but each time I lose my stack in both situations (lol).

First time I have the second nut flush. We get it all in on the turn when I make my flush. We flip over my cards, and I realize that my spades have turned into clubs? WTF! Everyone at table "You went all in with a gutshot for 400 dollar pot?" . Guy snap calls me with TPTK obviously. Needless to say, I got infinite action at the table afterwards.

Other time I have A7. I turn to pair, and guy shoves all in on the turn. I insta-call. We flip and he has a set. I have a pair of aces and my 7 turned into a 6 when I turned it over. Dealer: You are drawing dead.

I only make this mistake when I'm playing completely overtired, which is a bad idea in general. Once you do this on more than one occasion you make a point to avoid it at all costs though. Its an expensive mistake to make no doubt.

[Phill] 07-19-2007 03:14 AM

Thats why A4 = the Ladyboy/Tranny hand.

At first it looks good, then you look a little closer.

quirkasaurus 07-19-2007 10:04 AM

it's happened to me when i've had 86s and
the board is something like:

9 7 K Q 6

I go to myself "I HIT MY STRAIGHT!! Watch me reel in this fish!!"

johnnyrocket 07-19-2007 10:07 AM

every time i look down at A4 i think i have Aces, i hate this hand so much