Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Devastating Seinfeld News (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454269)

jws43yale 07-18-2007 02:40 PM

Re: Devastating Seinfeld News

I didn't start watching Seinfeld till it went to reruns. I now own every season released thus far and it is always amazing how there are many episodes I saw countless times in reruns and other episodes I had not even heard of.

hamsamich 07-18-2007 02:42 PM

Kramer betting on the planes ftw!!!

I wish I could see an episode of this show for the first time.

Aloysius 07-18-2007 02:45 PM

Huh, I've actually never seen this episode either. Then again I think Seinfeld, while having great moments, is generally overrated and has not aged well.

Soul Daddy:

"Rumours."
"No, it's all true."

-Al

suzzer99 07-18-2007 02:45 PM

I remember this phenomenon with Gilligan's island reruns when I was growing up. And most recently with NewsRadio and Futurama. Always weird how it seems like you've seen every other episode 3 or 4 times and then one you've never seen comes along.

Blarg 07-18-2007 02:48 PM

Agreed on both.

tuq 07-18-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then again I think Seinfeld, while having great moments, is generally overrated and has not aged well.

[/ QUOTE ]
That does well to sum up my thoughts on the show. Never understood the frothing mania that so many people whose opinion I respect exhibited towards it, and I think the general consensus is that it started to suck ass once Larry David left. I have a several episodes recorded to my DVR that I only watch when I'm extremely bored or 2+2 is having one of its weekly outages.

Lord_Strife 07-18-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would feel happy learning there's an episode of a show I apparently love/worship/would have sex with/etc I haven't seen, which I can now see for the first time. The word devastating would not cross my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I feel every time a new Entourage comes on, devastation is not in my mind but happiness sure is.

Kneel B4 Zod 07-18-2007 02:54 PM

I just started watching The Office, and think that my first run through these episodes is as funny as the first run through Seinfeld.

that may be blasphemy, but w/e

Dids 07-18-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get over yourself/seinfeld. The show is over and so are its references. It was cool 2 years ago maybe, but is a waste of life/your time now. Find a new hobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO I've gotta question.

Clearly you're trolling with this post, and I'm taking the bait.

Exactly how furiously are you masturbating now that this has worked out for you?

Burdzthewurd 07-18-2007 02:59 PM

This episode was just on last night here in Mass.