Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What the hell?!?!? Wendy's Breakfast Menu!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453326)

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:00 PM

Re: What the hell?!?!? Wendy\'s Breakfast Menu!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Soul Daddy - the few times I ordered the frescatta sandwich, I found the bread to be stiff and unpalatable. I think you are falling victim to clever marketing.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, the "frescuit" may != the frescatta bread. Let's give Wendy's the benefit of the doubt until we get some first hand reports.

Aloysius 07-17-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McMuffin should be the main argument for the existence of God.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

-Al

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 01:01 PM

Al,

But was it crumbly? And how can you go wrong with a name like "Frescuit". Clever marketing indeed. Sign me up!

tuq 07-17-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
disgusting fries

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? Ban.

I stumbled upon this news a few weeks ago when I went there to get a Big Bacon Classic at around 10:40 in the AM. There were employees wearing sandwich boards and sh*t out on the road to advertise the new breakfast, may have been the first day. It annoyed me personally because it was by fast food standards a huge hassle to get my lunch items, I had to go inside and wait while they catered to the breakfast crowd.

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 01:02 PM

kc,

Preach. I still have McD's coursing through my veins. [censored] be calling me.

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really not high on bacon + sausage combos. I've never gotten the appeal. it's OK if it's chopped up in an omelet, but I say nay to a sausage patty + bacon strips.

Their items sound pretty good, but all in all, I doubt it holds a candle to McD's breakfast. McGriddles should be the main argument for the existence of God. And does McD's still do the bagels? It's been a while. I used to love their steak and egg bagel. And no one is [censored] with their hash browns.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea if Wendy's hash browns are the single oval shaped or the multiple tater tots. This will be key.

And Sausage McMuffin w/ cheese > McGriddle, IMO.

McD's does still have the bagel sandwiches.

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
disgusting fries

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? Ban.

I stumbled upon this news a few weeks ago when I went there to get a Big Bacon Classic at around 10:40 in the AM. There were employees wearing sandwich boards and sh*t out on the road to advertise the new breakfast, may have been the first day. It annoyed me personally because it was by fast food standards a huge hassle to get my lunch items, I had to go inside and wait while they catered to the breakfast crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq - WTF??? WHY DID YOU NOT SHARE THIS IMPORTANT NEWS WITH THE WORLD?

Aloysius 07-17-2007 01:03 PM

Soul Daddy - you impressionable simp.

Oh, and agree with Tup... what's wrong with Wendy's fries? They are no McDonald's fries but they get the job done.

-Al

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
disgusting fries

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? Ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq - WTF??? WHY DID YOU NOT SHARE THIS IMPORTANT NEWS WITH THE WORLD?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ban.

tuq 07-17-2007 01:06 PM

sam, it says a lot about what an OOT degen loser I am that I seriously considered taking pics with my phone and starting a thread about it.

Al, IMO the french fry pecking order goes something like McDonalds > Wendy's >>>>>> Burger King/Jack In the Box/etc.