Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Neighbor dings door, my move? (Second ding, fixed parking spaces). (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451908)

Dr. Moreau 07-15-2007 08:41 PM

Re: Neighbor dings door, my move? (Second ding, fixed parking spaces).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend took the appropriate action and wrote in their driver's side window "[censored] OFF".

Not helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the easiest way to fix this problem would be to get them to AGREE to pay, this didn't help. I would try and find out who they are first contact them, state your case, and hope they pay damages. If this doesn't happen I guess you could contact the landlord/police although I don't know what they'll do since you can't prove they did this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized the mistake of my GF writing bad notes on their car, it does not really build up good feelings with anyone.

I was thinking of measuring the height of the scratch, photographing it and measuring the height of the offending door where I believe the scratch came from and photographing it. Although this is not rock solid proof, as there are many mid-90s Chevy SUVs in the world I thought it would be useful.

Am I just barking up the wrong tree here and should I accept that my neighbor will continue to ding and damage my car?

skunkworks 07-15-2007 08:42 PM

AND HERE COME THE OOT [censored] WHO LOVE SNIPING FROM AFAR

prohornblower 07-15-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are a huge nit. You buy an impractical (your word) car, and drive it one out of 7 days, and go apesh*t when a tiny ding gets in it?

Cars depreciate like crazy, I could give a sh*t if someone dings my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I left a 1 1/2" gash on your car, I would at least leave a note with my contact details on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'd be like "Oh that was nice of him", and throw the note away, because I don't want to waste time dealing with some careless stranger to get a few hundo.

I mean, if you leave your car sitting there next to people who have no muscular control, maybe you should drape your car with a membrane or some tarp with thickness to it. It will look ridiculous for a week or so, but maybe they'll get the message. If not, use the tarp to dispose of their body off of Angel Island.

daryn 07-15-2007 08:59 PM

yeah haha if you only use the car once a week get a cover for it, seriously

mikecrooks 07-15-2007 09:07 PM

http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/image...oviePoster.jpg

bobman0330 07-15-2007 09:31 PM

Get a crowbar and beat the [censored] out of their car, all the while screaming, "This is what happens when you [censored] a stranger in the ass!"

mbillie1 07-15-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get a crowbar and beat the [censored] out of their car, all the while screaming, "This is what happens when you [censored] a stranger in the ass!"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct

Dr. Moreau 07-15-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not want to rack up any felony murder/death/kills so I will thankfully pass on this as option.

Edge34 07-15-2007 10:14 PM

How is this even a question OP?

Take a picture of it, including the SUV parked next to it for reference. Close-up of the damage. Body shop for estimate (2 is helpful). Then, armed with this, go to the landlord and find out who has this spot. Then go knock on their door (without your girlfriend, so you can deny the note since you didn't write it yourself). Talk to them calmly and see if you can work out a deal.

Very simple.

RunDownHouse 07-15-2007 10:24 PM

I totally understand being pissed, but how on earth do you not eventually say to yourself, "Maybe I should take some pictures for posterity and then call the police?"