Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   The Importance of Position: Hold'em vs. PLO (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=449904)

CrushinFelt 07-13-2007 03:35 PM

Re: The Importance of Position: Hold\'em vs. PLO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll read this later. My unexploitable strategy. Raise preflop, call any reraise, c/r any two pair+ to get all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your unexploitable strategy unexploitable if you and opponent are at 250 bb?

How about if you are OOP vs a passive opponent when one draw hits on the turn and you are both at 150bb?

Do you have an unexploitable straregy for that Rolf?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. C/R FLOP AWW EEEN.

I haven't read this article but if you're suggesting there's a universal unexplotable strategy that works for all those depths, yeeesh. The only thing I can think of is "bet draws and made hands the same and run g00t."

wazz 07-13-2007 03:43 PM

Funny, that line has been golden against me recently.

I'm pretty positive that Reuben is trolling when he says that position is less important.

Troll_Inc 07-13-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't read this article but if you're suggesting there's a universal unexplotable strategy that works for all those depths, yeeesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm saying that I don't think that there is an unexploitable strategy across all situations. (For short stacked situations yes)

I was simply responding to your comment implying that you thought that there was.

CrushinFelt 07-13-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I haven't read this article but if you're suggesting there's a universal unexplotable strategy that works for all those depths, yeeesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm saying that I don't think that there is an unexploitable strategy across all situations. (For short stacked situations yes)

I was simply responding to your comment implying that you thought that there was.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is universal if you only occupy the universe in which you can get it all in on the flop. I never said anywhere in my comment that it was unexploitable across all scenarios.

Troll_Inc 07-13-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is universal if you only occupy the universe in which you can get it all in on the flop. I never said anywhere in my comment that it was unexploitable across all scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent*. We agree.

*Excellent for you that is. If we didn't agree, then I would prove you wrong and you'd be so embarrassed you probably wouldn't post on 2+2 for a day and a half.

piiop 07-13-2007 05:11 PM

lol troll burn

pete fabrizio 07-14-2007 05:55 AM

while position in plo is generally "more important" than in nlh, being "in position" doesn't necessarily have more value. there are many situations in plo where i would rather be out of position than in.

Poker monkey 07-14-2007 06:23 AM

Really, such as?

Troll_Inc 07-14-2007 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really, such as?

[/ QUOTE ]

People that bet 100% of the time when checked to.

And then in between them and you, players that are Will Call Stations.

Sodom 07-14-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while position in plo is generally "more important" than in nlh, being "in position" doesn't necessarily have more value. there are many situations in plo where i would rather be out of position than in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, but Please, don’t reveal too much.